Thursday, August 31, 2006

Routines

Well, Life has settled back into a routine. It's actually kind of nice. I love my summers, but I find that I'm always ready to get back into the daily routine. Here's a quick breakdown of my day:
5:00am- Rise and Shine!
6:00am- Breakfast
6:45am- Heidi picks me up
8:00am- Schools starts
3:00pm- School ends~ Yeah!
4:00pm- arrive home
4-9pm- various events such as eating, blogging, watching TV, schoolwork, basketball games (soon!:) sleeping on the couch, etc.
9-10pm- Bedtime Awe!

I used to go to bed at 10:00, but the last two nights it's been 9:15. I am so tired here at the beginning of school. It's amazing how hard it is to adjust.

I have also started a new “eating” routine. (that’s code for diet) It’s going pretty well so far. I have found that I eat out more from laziness than anything. I don’t really enjoy figuring out what to eat each day. On this diet I eat 5 small meals a day. The hard part for me is the planning ahead. I have to have the food on hand and pack 3 of my 5 meals to take to school. This requires that I absolutely have to get up at 5 when the alarm goes off. No SNOOZING! The new diet routine looks like this:
6:00am – Breakfast- Egg white omelet without cheese and ½ a grapefruit
9:00am – a.m. Snack- 2 oz of turkey or chicken with ½ c. fruit
12:00pm – Lunch - grilled chicken on a bed of greens with cucumber and tomato. Italian
Salad spritzer for dressing. Delicious!
3:00pm - p.m. Snack- Turkey rolls (turkey with greens with a hint of Ranch dressing)
Also Delicious!
6:00pm- Dinner- Grilled chicken breast, very small potato with butter spray, 1 c. veggies

You will notice a lot of repetition, but that’s just because I don’t like fish (at least not the way they want you to eat it ). There are other choices, but these are the easiest for me. Like I mentioned above, I don’t enjoy figuring out what to eat. Since I have a menu that I like, I pretty much stick to it daily. There are a few minor changes that will occur to keep me from getting bored with it, but overall, I like not having to think about what to have. I know, I fix it, and that’s it. Luckily, I like what I’m eating. The worst part of this routine is going to the bathroom every 30 min. from the 100+ oz. of water I’m drinking every day. I haven’t had anything but water since Monday at 5:00am. I’m having caffeine withdraw, but I’m surviving.

I would seriously like to know how many diets I have started in my lifetime. Why is it so hard? Will this be “the one”? I sure hope so. I will do a diet update at the end of each post. This is more for my accountability than because I think you care about my diet. My name is Kelley and I’m a dieter. This is day 4 and I have lost 3lbs.

8 comments:

Jaena said...

Kelley,

Just have to say "Way to go and I am proud of you!" Sounds like you have a great plan, and the food sounds delicious.

I have the same "issue" with devotions. I have to have a plan and a routine - by that I mean like a book that tells me what to read, has a few questions for em to fil out, and has a little box in the corner that I can check when I am done. At least we know ourselves and are taking the steps to be self-disciplined...right?

Anonymous said...

Way to go Sweetie!! You can do it!!
I want a copy of this diet thing. Maybe I can get energized and do it too!! You are amazing and I am so proud of you!! I will miss coming to Indiana for this Labor Day weekend. This is the first one we have missed in many years and I am sad that I can't be at both places!! Next year, I will be there! The Lord willing and the creek doesn't rise! :) hee hee!
Love you,
Mom

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

You go girl. Actually sounds like a somewhat yummy diet (minus all the water---YUCK!) You can do it! The end of your post had me in stitches! Glad the first week went well- mine did too, I'll post about it when I actually have some modicum of energy (i.e.- not right now..!)

Missy said...

Good for you Kelley! 3 lbs. is great for 4 days!!!! You can do it!!!

Have a great weekend!!

Kim said...

Thanks for always commenting on my blog...it means a lot. I am glad that blogging is in your routine.

I can't wait to reach my goal in weight watchers (in about 5 years at this rate) because I am really good at maintaining...I have weighed the same for the last year...not gaining but definitely not losing. I feel it is a waste of money to pay someone to weigh me and tell me that I failed another week to lose anything. Plus I have been in WW so much that I think I classify as a lifetime member (Silver membership). They hold back on the "Gold" membership for certain "other" people in my life who have been going since I was a small child. I think I will try planning my meals like you are, it seems to be working for you. I have a problem with drinking water...it tastes....so like NOTHING! I would much rather drink my gallon of sweet tea everyday even if it is 15 points of my 30 allowed for the day.

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
I admire the effort I was doing ok and then I backslid. Losing waight has to come from deep inside and a real committment to stay focused. I don't know what it will take to make a change but it never hurts to keep working toward the goal by trying different methods. It's like teaching someone a task, you have to try different ways for each person.

Keep up the good work.
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
I admire the effort I was doing ok and then I backslid. Losing waight has to come from deep inside and a real committment to stay focused. I don't know what it will take to make a change but it never hurts to keep working toward the goal by trying different methods. It's like teaching someone a task, you have to try different ways for each person.

Keep up the good work.
Carolyn

Big John said...

Congrats on the move forward and I wish I was that dedicated to a routine. Talk to you soon!