Monday, September 04, 2006

Kenny Chesney Concert

Yesterday Sue and I attended our 5th Kenny Chesney concert. Now some may think that that's a little crazy, but let me tell you, "He NEVER Disappoints!" It was another AWESOME show! I'm just glad I missed the sermon on lust a couple of weeks ago. ;) Just kidding. Although he is soooo easy to look at. This first picture is of the thousands of fans that were seated on the lawn. We nearly lost our lives in the stampede to get good seats on the grass, but luckily we were okay. (and we got decent seats)













This concert was special because we got to take Amy, Sue's neice, to her very first concert ever! She loved it!!













Oh My....Just look at him!













Another reason this was an awesome show is that Carrie Underwood, our favorite American Idol, was one of his opening acts. She was Fantastic! Loved it!!!













Then, came Dierks Bentley. He's a cutie, but doesn't sound that great live. I made a much needed trip to the bathroom during his portion of the show. It was a long line....













Towards the end of the show, Kenny totally rocked out. This was his last show on the tour and he went out with a bang. He and Carrie sang "Hurt So Good" together. I was very envious....another sermon I must have missed.













Uncle Kracker was also there. They sang several songs together which was also great! This is the 3rd year in a row that he's been there with Kenny. It's always a fun part of the show.













WORTH EVERY PENNY....UNTIL NEXT YEAR.....

14 comments:

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

You guys need to join "Kenny Chesney Stalkers Anon.". It's great you were able to go again and I'd have given my left arm to see Carrie Underwood. Was she just amazing as always live? Probably... I got your e-mail and just haven't gotten around to calling yet... what can I say? I suck!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you guys had a good time...hmmm...maybe too good of a time? You doin' ok there Kelley?? I thought I sensed a little hyperventilation in the blog...:o)

Anonymous said...

Yes, Kenny was awesome!!! I always enjoy his concerts. He always sounds really good and he ALWAYS looks good!! Carrie was awesome. She is a true singer. I haven't heard her sound bad yet. Durkes was so-so. Could have just had Carrie sing more songs, I would have enjoyed that much more. Can't wait til next year to see Kenny again!! I think I will always want to see him.

Kim said...

I think I said this last time you went to a concert but "I AM JEALOUS!" I think I am more jealous of the fact that you saw Carrie...I would totally like to go to an IDOL concert (how sick is that!)

Anonymous said...

anyone for a 3 doors down concert? country is just not my thing, ugh......although, i do like carrie. glad you had a good time. :)

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time!! I too would love to see Carrie Underwood. She is a real sweetie and I think she will be around for a long time! Our weekend in Wash.DC was great!! Ernesto was gone by Saturday noon and the rest of the weekend was sunny and great temperatures!
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

speaking of concerts.....
Hey mom, when are we going to a BJ concert?

I'll rent a Harley and pick you up. ;) Don't forget to wear a leather jacket and adorn your hair in a bandana.

Anonymous said...

You better have a side car on that harley!! Hee hee! But I might have a little trouble getting up and out of it once I got in! But otherwise I am ready whenever you are!!
Mom

Anonymous said...

kelly,
Glad you and Sue get out and have some fun. Did you yell and sing until you were unable to talk?
Hey maybe you all can come over to my mom's and have some dessert Sunday before you go home. Or if you guys are at your mom's maybe John can come over there after little Tyler goes to bed and he can sit around and have some good belly laughs.Kim too. I am willing to babysit.

John is going to sing Sunday morning at Dayspring.
Carolyn

Anon said...

Whew, I feel so accepted.....a link on your page too. What did I do to deserve this? Tell Mom to get ready for that Harley ride.

Kelley said...

The scary thing is, she's probably actually ready. Maybe not for the Harley ride but definitly for the concert. :)

Deb said...

Sorry I've neglected your post today. A certain someone has kept me pretty busy in blogworld. I can't take all of the excitement. I am not a big fan of country music, although there are some country artists I enjoy - but I really do like Carrie Underwood. So much, in fact, that I think she tainted my view of American Idol this past season - noone really impressed me like she did.

Jaena said...

Looks like a great concert. I don't know if I like Carrie Underwood or not...or even Kenny Chesney. Am I totally out of it or what???

Big John said...

Looks like a blast. see you this weekend!