Monday, August 21, 2006

First Day!

Well, today was the first day of school. (with kids that is) It went really well as far as 1st days go. I think this is going to be a good group overall. I am a little disappointed in myself that I didn't remember to take 1st day pictures of myself this morning. I was going to do that as a joke because of John (and Kim's) posts of their kids. Unfortunately I totally forgot. What a tradition that was growing up. I was pretty pleased with my outfit this morning and my girls from 2 years ago all oowed and awed over my new hair color and style. I felt pretty pleased with myself that junior high girls would think I was hip and stylin'. Ha! I'm actually getting a pretty good vibe about this year. We'll see how long that lasts.

Holly- PLEASE fix your links. I am dying here. I checked several sites from yours that are now gone. I didn't know most of them personally, but I've invested in their lives and I can't stand not knowing what's going on.

Church League Softball- Well the season ended tonight with us WINNING THE TOURNAMENT!! YEAHAW! It has been years since we've won both the league and the tournament. We were undefeated this season all the way through the tourney. Tonight we won our first game 13-0 and our championship game 21-2!! I will post our championship winning picture when I get it e-mailed to me. (I forgot my camera) Lynn Munday was our MVP! She was wailing on the ball, sliding into bases (being safe both times) and got hit in the head by the ball but kept on playing through her dizziness. Way to go Lynn!!

Well, in 3 min. it will be past my bedtime so I am planning to be in bed and on my way to dreamland by then. Those of you who know me well, know that I can do it too! :)

Love ya!
Kelley

12 comments:

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Ohmigosh Kel. I know... Sorry about the links. I'm waiting for my sis to e-mail me all the computer code from her template. Would you do the same? Just copy and paste them into an e-mail to me.. Make sense??

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Congratulations Team!! Way to go!! I can't believe I didn't get over to see one game! Will try and do better next year!! Sounds like you had a great first day!! That is great!! I am with you about Holly's links. I am having withdrawl!!
Love ya,
Mom

Missy said...

WAY TO GO CWC SOFTBALL LADIES!!!!! Great games last night!! Great season! It was another fun season watching you gals! Lynn, way to scarifice your body for the win!!

Kelley I am so glad your year is off to a great start! Have a fantastic day!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the honors, but I really feel like I have a hangover today. Now that I've got my groove goin' with softball the season ends...:o)
It's been a fun summer and I've really enjoyed the fellowship with everyone...I'm gonna miss it!
I'm glad you had a good first day and I hope that the year ends up going very well for you. You deserve it! You're investing in our future! :o)

Anonymous said...

BTW, you got it goin' on, girl! I really like the hair color...and you've got good taste in clothing.

Missy said...

Your links are gone! There seems to be some sort of contagious virus spreading......

Kelley said...

The links are here on my computer. Are you serious?

Anonymous said...

Yes, we finally won. I was going to quit softball forever if we wouldn't have won. It felt so good to finally win a tournament, since we haven't won one in years. Can't even remember the last time we did win. Lynn was definitely the MVP. And to think she wasn't going to play this year. Glad you had a good first day. Your system is a little beind the times starting so late. I feel like I'm back in somewhat of a routine by now.

Big John said...

Glad to here that the first day went well. Way to go on the championship and you are hip and young really you are. Now enjoy it before the only hip about you will be the one you just had replaced! Love ya cuz!

Missy said...

Links are back :) It could be related somehow to my area of low functioning in the technology world. I think I need my typewriter and white out back.....

Anonymous said...

Ok young lady nothing since the 21st is a long time for me to not have something to read. I understand you are busy but a few minutes in front of the computer telling me that would be better. I have been visitor 1, 876 looking to see if you have put anything new out there. And i have searched everyones blog for comments from you nothing absolutely nothing. So let's go I am in withdrawal.

Hope your week went well.
Carolyn

Deb said...

I'm number 1,877, and I agree! How about a post on your second day of school?