Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Purses, Cincinatti Reds and Softball

So, like I promised this post will contain information about my many purses. I have what some people might call an addiction to purses. I suppose it's a fairly harmless addiction compared to most. I decided to pull out and display for all of you my many purses. I counted and I have 30. Well, let me clarify that. This picture contains bags that are used for luggage and school too. There are 15 bags/purses displayed here that are Vera Bradley bags. I did not disply my make-up bags, curling iron holder, wallets, change purses, credit card holders, etc. I have cut back in my purse buying in the last couple of years. I even went a whole year without buying one. My goal was to not buy one purse between Vera sales. I made it and then went and spent over $200 on Vera bags and purses. I'm not sure my method worked since most purses I buy are fairly cheap. I don't buy expensive purses unless I get a whale of a deal like Sunday night. I change my purses to match my outfits and you might find 2-3 purses laying on my kitchen table if you catch me off-guard. When I go home, I pack a purse for Sunday that will match my outfit if my regular purse at the time doesn't match. I'm realizing as I type this that I might have a sickness. I won't go into the number of pairs of shoes I have that match all these purses! That's for another day. I regularly sell purses in my yard sales as I buy new ones so Deb you can stop by my next rummage and pick out a new purse. Since i have so many and I use them all, none of them get too worn out.

Tuesday night Sue and I jetted off to our "cheap" form of entertainment. We went to another Reds ballgame. Tickets are only $5 so you can't beat it. Since it was during the week the crowd was low which allowed us to sit in many different areas for our $5 ticket price. One thing that was mandatory was plenty of room. I didn't want to be near another person since I was literally dripping with sweat. It was extremely hot. The Reds lost which was a bummer, but we still had a good time.
One of our many views of the field.
This is a coal barge making it's way down the river. This always amazes me.
This is a picture of me with the stadium behind me.
Sue with a view of the river and Kentucky behind her.


This last picture is of our College Wesleyan Softball team. Monday night was our last regular season game. We won 6-3 in our most challenging game of the season. We were undeafted again this season. We're hoping to break our tournament losing streak next week. This is a great group of ladies and we have such a fun time together. I'm always a little sad to see the season come to a close.


I'll wrap this up with a job up-date. I did not get the assistant's job at McCulloch. I received a nice, cold rejection letter in the mail today. I wasn't really shocked that I didn't get the job, but I was shocked at the cold, distant way it was delivered considering the personal connection I have with Mr. Shafer through church. BUT, this morning I saw on the state site that Madison Grant (a close county school) has an opening at their junior high. So, I got all my stuff together, got gussied up and took myself out their personally to deliver it. I was able to meet and talk with the superintendent for 30 min. He is a good friend of the Jacksons so hopefully that will be helpful in getting me an interview. I think they are accepting resumes till next Friday so this could be a long wait. I'd be lying if I said that I'm not disappointed and a tad discouraged, but I am truely believing that God is opening and shutting doors as he knows is best. I am getting interview experience which I'm sure will help me when the perfect job comes open. Just keep praying! :)

Kelley

6 comments:

Deb said...

Maybe we can work out a purse-garden grabber trade come fall/leaf raking time :). The last purse I bought was two years ago, and I bought that purse because my other purse (another large, black purse) was stolen when I left it on top of my trunk all night at home. You have a great collection - looks like red or pink may be your dominant color? (can't tell for sure by the tint in the picture.)

Deb said...

just wanted to let you know I stopped by (sorry, second comment, just check my latest post and you'll understand.)

Anonymous said...

You are one funny girl!! I love purses too, but not as much as you, I am too lazy to change them back and forth. Looks like you had fun at the Reds game and I can't imagine how hot it was!!
Congratulations on having a great softball season and good luck in the tournament!!
Love ya,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Kelly, If you aren"t the regular bag lady. ha

I like them too but I like your mom don't want to take time to change. Plus if I did that I would need new shoes, then that will lead to new clothes and so on and so on.... you get the drift

It is a good feeling getting special buys, that is my justification for buying.

Praying for you and the job.

Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Hey, I think I may have a purse to add to your collection. Wait a minute.....sorry about that, I forgot, I don't carry purses.

Anonymous said...

It's a good thing I passed by Missy's blog so I know just where I stand when it comes to who's who with friends of Kelley. It's okay......I'll still invite you over for dinner. I can see just that because I don't have a blog and am not on the softball team, I've been put on the back burner. Luckily, my feelings don't get hurt easily........ :( ......wait a minute, I think I feel tears coming to my eyes. :)