Friday, August 11, 2006

My Week

Boy what an original title. Since I'm not a deep thinker and usually post of my day to day happenings, I thought the title was appropriate.

Monday~ Tournament for our softball league started today. We haven't had the best tournament record the last several years. We usually win the league, are even undefeated during regular season, but come tournament time, we choke. I'm not sure why. some years we've had as much as 2 weeks between our last season game and the first tournment game so we'd like to blame it on that. Or there's the fact that the season goes into August and half our team are teachers. These games usually fall on someone's first day of school, so there's always that excuse. This year we are determined to win this tournament. It's embarrassing to be undefeated in the season and then play horrible during the tournament. Tonight we won our first round game against Hillside Wesleyan 6-1. Now, we didn't play them during the regular season because they forfited. This is their first year in the league and I was honestly expecting this to be an easy win. As you can see by the score, it wasn't a blow out. We struggled with our hitting and they did an excellent job defending us. They have alot of potential and I expect them to be a contender in the coming years. With that said, we play our toughest contender in round 2 this coming Monday night at 5:45. Grace #2 is one of the other strongest teams. We only beat them 6-3 with that being our closest game of the season. We will hope that we don't get so nervous that we psych ourselves out.

Tuesday~ Kokomo Beach! I was invited to go with some friends over to the big city of Kokomo Indiana to their city's Aquatic Center. It has play areas for kids and even 2 big water slides. There's also a lazy river which I enjoyed very much. :) There were 6 of us ladies and 13 children! Now keep in mind that 2 of us there didn't have any children. :) It was a great day with friends and I thought it was a cool place. I'll have to take the kids there next summer.

Wednesday~ Totally uneventful. I'm not even sure I got dressed. Lots of TV, Soap Operas and movies were watched this day.

Thursday~ Today was another laid back day, but it ended with dinner with friends. I had Lynn and Missy over for dinner, and it was nice to just sit and talk. There's something about Missy that just makes me open up and talk. I bared my soul, made some confessions and came away feeling as if I'd been to therapy! I for one am not surprised that strangers open up and tell all when they're around her. She has a gift.

Friday~ Well, today has barely begun, but I don't have anything major on the agenda. My cable is out from yesterday's storm so I'm waiting on the cable guy to come and figure out what's wrong. I hope lightening didn't strike my TV. The internet is working which is also through my cable, so I'm guessing that could be a bad sign.

Tomorrow I head to Ohio for the big Grate Family Reunion. I'll post an update complete with pictures on Sunday!

Kelley

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelley,
It looks like you had a very nice relaxing week. I wish I had a few like it!! You are so lucky to have the summers off to relax and enjoy friends! I am looking forward to seeing you on Saturday.
Love,
Mom

Kelley said...

Hey Mom!
I'm writing you here because my e-mail from school is down. It must have been hit by the storm yesterday. I just wanted you to know that I'm not ignoring any e-mails you might have sent. I just can't get them! ;) I'm looking forward to Sat. too. My attitude is improving! :) Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to let me tag along for next year's Kokomo beach. Sounds like you had fun Thursday.....shucks, I missed it. :)

Missy said...

If you really feel like you had therapy maybe now is a good time to let you know that my rates at work are $116 per hour for individual counseling. :) Interested in hearing about the payment plan? :0) Seriously though I appreciate the compliment. You are very kind. The truth is that I am fascinated by people and love hearing their stories!! It really gets good when the confessions start flying :) I would rather listen to people any day than be the one talking! Dinner was fantastic! Andrea would be very proud of you. I may stop by for left overs at lunch :)

Deb said...

I'm kind of going to miss seeing Kismet's face when I check your blog - could you put a complimentary picture up of her for each of your posts?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great relaxing week. Don't change professions for a Disney cruise. Having the summer off every now and again sounds great. Have a grate time at reunion and please post pictures I miss them all very much!

Kelley said...

Deb- I would, but to get the picture I used, I had to take it out of my scrapbook, go to Sue's, Scan it, send it to myself in an e-mail, all in order to post that picture. Too much trouble. You'll just have to scroll down and re-visit that post! :)

Anonymous said...

yeah Deb, Kelley can only pull the "old" pics out because she doesn't like to take pics of me anymore because she'd have to invite me over for dinner to get some recent pics....... :) i'm just not as entertaining as Missy is. :)

Kelley said...

Kismet,
You are rotten to the core! I refuse to feel guilty! And the picture thing is not true. I took a picture of us at the mother daughter banquet and the 4th of July party. Both pictures were posted on the blog! So there!

Anonymous said...

Look forward to seeing you at reunion and yes I am going. I look forward to the unbearable heat, the misquitos and the rain. Won't be the same without them.

I would comment on your week but not much going on.

Love Carolyn

Anonymous said...

......c'mon Kel, you know i'm just giving you a hard time.....if i wanted to come over, do you think i'd really wait for the invitation?.....if i want to come over for dinner, trust me, i'll show up.....i couldn't do that with just anyone......we could have PB&J or maybe some of that famous mac-n-cheese you use to make.....i love you and i'll try to keep my mouth shut, okay?.....the emphasis is on the word try.....i'm just having fun with ya this week. :)

Kelley said...

I know it's just fun...just thought I'd give some right back to ya! :) You're welcome any time and you know it. love you too!

Anonymous said...

Hey, you all guilted us right into looking at this cra..stuff! good stuff. haha yesterday was a blast (well it will be yesterday by the time you read this) and we are just too much daggone fun (us Baptists, that is... ) and we need to get together more often. we will work on that.... more later. love ya Bevy