Friday, August 18, 2006

Oh My Goodness I'm Tired!

Well, after 2 days, I'm exhausted and the kids haven't even come yet! Yesterday was Teacher "Work" Day; which turned into Teacher "meeting" day. I had 50 min. in my classroom yesterday to work. Then today was a full Professional Development day which translates to sitting in training from 8:00-3:00. I feel like I've climbed a mountain I am so exhausted. The only thing I can figure is that my brain was near the comotose state from inactivity all summer and the requirement to concentrate for that many hours in the last 2 days has totally blown a fuse!

The staff meetings gave me great delight though as I sat and chuckled at all the people I could identify from Deb's blog. If you haven't read it, you must! It was hillarious. Yesterday, I happened to sit next to Jeff, the very sarcastic commentator. He kept me in stitches. I made sure to keep my eyes on the boss and nod in agreement enough that he knew I was miserable sitting there.

Talking to people about my principal "situations" wasn't too bad. People were actually pretty respectful, probably afraid I'd fall apart if they mentioned it. Some said they were sad to see me, some asked gently how I felt about being there. Overall, it wasn't as bad as I feared. I've actually realized these last 2 days that I work with a neat group of people who do really care about me. They are all pulling for me even though they follow that up with, "not that we want you to go!" I feel pretty loved.

My big bag of work is sitting on a kitchen chair just waiting on me. You'd think I could just pull out last year's lesson plans and go by that, but for some reason, I think I need to change things each year. Keeps me from getting bored. :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I'll report on that first student day early next week!

Kelley

7 comments:

Deb said...

Is the blog world dead today or what? Kelley, I had to post a quick comment just for the pure motivation of showing some life out here. It's like everyone went back to school and noone is blogging - even people who didn't go back to school aren't around. What's going on? Don't tell me people actually have lives now?

Deb said...

I guess I should qualify my above comment so the people who have commented on my blog today do not take offense and feel as if they don't count - I was really talking about the inactivity tonight, and almost all the blogs I regularly check have not been updated in the last couple of days, and no new comments on the blogs, either (pretty sad when I have memorized the number of comments on each blog. It's a sickness.) My next post will probably be something about how I overqualify everything I say to make sure I am not misunderstood or make anyone feel mad, sad, or bad.

Kelley said...

Thanks Deb! I feel loved now. It's sad how depressing it gets when I go through the whole list and there are no new updates of comments. It really depresses me when there aren't any comments on mine. I hope work doesn't get in the way too much. :)

Anonymous said...

I comment when I see know one has and because I have no social life. But I do look forward to reading all the new blogs. It is an outlet for someone like me sorta like having the kids trapped in the car and taking that opportunity to share all the wisdom you have since they are a captive audience. There is a danger in these here blogs that you get someone like me to take up space. But keep blogging I do enjoy reading.

love ya
Carolyn

Kim said...

I too memorize how many comments each blog has so I know whether to read the comments again or just pass over them. I haven't blogged myself because...I don't have a good excuse except I have 2 screaming kids, we have been to the zoo, to grandma's, to kindergarten orientation, to the store to buy supplies for kindergarten, to Jeffersonville to buy clothes for kindergarten, and in my spare time I have tried to keep my house from looking like I have 2 kids and a busy life. So...I will try to do better NEXT week after Samuel is in school and I have only one kid to worry about. No guarantees though.

Anonymous said...

I missed checking on the blogs this weekend while we were in Grand Rapids visiting Jason and Family. The Grandchildren were so cute and funny!! We stayed at a Ramada Inn that had a 180 ft. waterslide and boy did the kids and grandkids enjoy that!! We had a ball just watching!! Next time you have to go, even if we have to come and pick you up!! No excuses!!
We all missed you so much!! Looking forward to new blogs this week!
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

feel your pain. I don't get a summer off but after every vacation it takes a day or two to find my groove. Luckily my butt has wore a groove into my office chair and that makes me feel like I am right back at home. So good luck cuz and I pray you have a great year!