Sunday, August 13, 2006

A Great "Grate" Family Reunion

As promised... This post is about my family reunion. Those readers who are not related may not be as excited about this post, but then again, I enjoy looking at anyone's pictures, so maybe you will. First let me say that these pictures are only the beginning. I am having trouble getting the rest to upload so I'll try to post the rest tomorrow.

After much debate about the long trip (it's 5 hours for me), gas prices, and my climbing miles on my car, I did finally decide to go to this years family reunion. I am so glad I did. It was filled with lots of love and laughter. The Grates are a crazy clan who know how to have a good time, especially the Baptist among us. She's a real party animal. ;)


This is me with cousin Kim. She's listed on my blog links for those of you who read her blog. Nice to put a face with the sense of humor! Some say we look alike; could be the double chin. Ha!

This is cousin Bonnie with my mom, Marsha. No blood relation here, but with the red hair you might think so.

Here you have Andrea, Kelley, Cousin Bev and Cousin Geogene. Bev an Georgene are sisters as are Andrea and I.

This is me with Aunt..oops I mean Cousin Carolyn; also linked on my blog site. She is the mother of Kim and John for those of you who read his blog too.

Next we have me with Cousin Bev, the Baptist. We don't hold it against her, we just pray for her. Ha! Just kidding! Lots of good memories when I think of Bev. I would go and spend a couple of weeks with her each summer when I was in high-school. I loved that time.

Last, at least for tonight, we have Andrea and Jon, the newlyweds. :)

Cousin John, just want you to know that reunion WAS NOT THE SAME without you! There was lots of laughter, but a certain tone was missing. We all missed you (and talked about you) alot! :) All good things of course!

Bev and Georgene, I say we plan a weekend in Indy! Bev can go to Georgene's and then you can meet me in Indy. Wouldn't that be fun? I"M SERIOUS! We are so good at saying..."We should..." but then the next year, it's always..."We never did..." Let's change that this year!

Well, I'm going to sign off for tonight. Tomorrow I will try to post part 2. The best pictures are still to come, especially one of Georgene. I probably wouldn't post it, but since she commented on Kim's post and not mine, it's going to happen. Besides, Grandma had too much fun making the picture happen. It's gotta be seen!

Love all you Grate's out there!

Kelley

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelley, you look really nice. I haven't seen Bev in a long time. Sounds like you had fun. Enjoy your last week of freedom. I'm off to work tomorrow.....ready or not, here school comes.

Anonymous said...

You are right it was a great "Grate" Reunion!! On our way home Grandma asked me 5 times how many we had there this year, I told her 68 each time. I guess when you are 88 you can ask these questions as many times as you want. :) She was a hoot!! We enjoyed the day and so glad you decided to make the trip, It would not have been complete without you!!
Love you,
Mom

Missy said...

Enjoyed the pictures! What a blessing to have a family you enjoy so much!

I have a technical problem? Do you make house calls? :) I posted on my blog today. I am noticing though that if I click on your link to me through your blog it is not there. If I go to my blog it is there. Does this make sense? Have I messed up the blog world?

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
You made me look good. I hate having pictures taken it forces me to face the fact as my grandma would say " you will look better when you are not so fat" reunions are where you can be yourself cause everyone knows you since you were incepted? I too enjoyed my time there. I never moved I positioned myself between the desserts and the maindishes. I grazed until I thought the only way to go was to become bolimic ? at least for one night. You, kim, bev, Andrea , Georgene, and all the rest your age make us that are nearing the retirement years remember past reunions. some of us were thinking that it only seems a few years ago that we were your age, looking at our parents as old and the others of our grandparents as ancient. Now we are nearing the ancient age and laughing when we have no idea why others are laughing, having to have information repeated and needing to have a bathroom closer than a mile and prefer it to have electricity and some mechanical function. Love all of you and especially your grate smile.

Carolyn