Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th!

Happy 4th everybody! We celebrated the 4th in our usual manner which was to have our good friends the Porters, Rowleys, Wuertleys, and Womacks over for a cookout and swimming party. The weather wasn't that great, but it didn't stop us. Since the pool temperature was a warm 87 degrees, we were able to enjoy it in spite of the cool temperatures outside.

Here you have the annual picnic on the porch picture.














After all the kids are fed, the adults get to eat. From left to right you have Doug, Shelli, Madelyn and Jaena, Kismet and Deb.













After a good lunch, we all head out to the pool. It can get pretty wild and crazy with 11 children and 8 adults. (There were a few adults who didn't participate in the swimming portion of the day)

Sue helps Heidi make a slam dunk!













Shelli and Kismet watching the kids swim.













Deb and Jason are having a good time.














Lifelong pals~ Kismet and Kelley















Okay, it's time for some adult fun. All kids must scatter to the edges of the pool as the adults get ready to rumble. This is also a yearly tradition. The girls face the guys in a game of splash ball war. The ladies are letting them have it!














While the boys say, "Ouch! Not so hard!" The guys have been known to leave with welts.














I'm helping to entertain the youngins on the side of the pool. I wouldn't want to get hurt... I mean, I wouldn't want for any of them to get hurt!













This final picture is of me with Sophia. This is Kismet's youngest. She was telling me about her new kitten, Jordan.














Well, that's it. That's how we spent our 4th of July. Thanks to all my friends for making it a special day. I hope you all had a safe and happy holiday!

10 comments:

Jaena said...

Thanks, Kelley (and Sue) for hosting a fabulous celebration. We had a terrific time!

I did not know that the splash ball war was a tradition...no wonder everyone took it so seriously. :-)

Deb said...

Kelley (and Sue, too),

Thanks again for a great time! I loved the pictures - especially the one of the guys flinching. I know my arm will be feeling it tomorrow (it will be back to normal by the big July 10 game, though.)

Deb said...

Jaena-
Just saw you, too, posted a comment. Looks like we got the kids to bed about the same time after the festivities tonight and are doing our "blog run down" for the night. Too tired to post tonight - will resume tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Looks like another great party! So good to have friends that you can enjoy and get together with!
We had a great weekend too! Lots of good food and movies!
Yesterday was fun, going to the fair with Andrea and Jon! Good fair food!! Bad for the diet but so good!!
Love,
Mom

Hummel Family said...

Hey Kelley, thanks for all the pics...it was so nice to see my brother and Deb! and of course all the other adults and kids too! It looks like you all had a fun time together...what a great annual tradition! (And way to go LADIES, the MEN sure looked scared!)

JoEllen

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

That picture of the guys is to die for! What a great tradition for everyone! I know my kids missed seeing you...see you this weekend!

Anonymous said...

......that's some great picture taking on the splash ball war.....who took those? she must be a professional :)

Big John said...

I think....

Big John said...

that looks like....

Big John said...

a blast. Thought I would respond this way because well it was late and I made myself laugh. I love you cuz!