Monday, July 17, 2006

Interview was a Success!


What I classify a success is that I made it through the interview without throwing up or stuttering. I wasn't hired on the spot, but I felt like I did as well as I could. I had clarity of thought and I personally thought I gave some kick butt answers. Don't you sometimes wish you could be a mouse inside the other person's mind? I'd love to know what they thought. It appeared to me that they liked me, but who knows?! They are interviewing today and tomorrow and then they will either call to tell me the bad news, ask me back for a 2nd interview, or offer me the job. They said if one candidate stood out above the rest, they would not require a 2nd interview, but if they have several that are good, they would do 2nd interviews. The interview this morning was only 40 min. long and way easier than I anticipated. It was pretty laid back and my nerves subsided once we got going. Thank you all for your prayers. I felt them surrounding me and I know that the calm I felt was only from God. I'll keep you posted when I hear something more. Love ya!

Kelley

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

They will be crazy if they don't hire you!! I will continue to pray for God's will in your life!! We are so proud of you!! Love the new suit! You look so professional!!
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Kell! You look very professional in your power suit - what a hotty! :o) I'm glad to here it went well...now I hope your insides can relax. Enjoy your day and don't relive the interview 100 times wishing you would have said something different. If you were you, I'm sure they liked you very much! I'll continue praying!
Love you,
Lynn

Kim said...

I would say that is more than a power suit...It says...HIRE ME! You look like a regular grown up LOL. I have been praying for you.

Jaena said...

Love the suit; you look great, Kelley! We will be praying for God's will for you regarding this job.

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Talked to Mom today to get all the details. SO glad it went so well. Quite a suit! Love the pleats at the bottom. (Were you hot, though? It was a scorcher here today...) Glad to hear they're not gonna make you wait too long to find out who they'll hire. Hope to hear good news!

Deb said...

You look very principalish in your suit! I don't even own anything remotely that professional looking (could be why I am at the same level at work for the last 9 years.) I know we are all hoping for God's will, but I am hoping God's will is that you get the job.

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
Very professional you did good. You can't over think the interview and you just don't know what they are looking for. Hope you had a few questions to ask. Don't forget to send a thnak you that is important and can make you stand out from the rest of the candidates.

Love
Carolyn

Kelley said...

To answer some questions posted here:
1.Holly- Thank the Lord for Air conditioning. Yes, the suit was hot, but luckily the air was working so I was fine.
2.Carolyn- Yes, I had questions to ask, but I'm glad you mentioned the Thank You. I will do that today.
3. Deb, I bought this suit the day I got the call for the interview. I didn't own anything like it either. I'm not sure what will happen if I get a second interview. Is it tack to just change the shirt underneath to a different color? :)

Big John said...

No it is not tacky to change the shirt underneath it. Let me know if a threatening phone call from Biggy J would speed up the hiring process. I would do anything to help you.