Sunday, July 09, 2006

Emmy Rae ~ Part II

Saturday was spent in the pool, but I forgot my camera. That's okay though, I'll get pool pictures tomorrow. Saturday evening was spent cooking out over the fire pit. We roasted hot dogs and made smores.

Laid back and relaxed!

After church Sunday we spent the afternoon in the pool. Emmy has gotten so brave in the last month. When she was here for Memorial Day, going under was not even an option. Now she's ready to learn to swim and jumping off the side without swimmies. She loves to go under!
What a little heart breaker!

Learning to swim...

Jumping in...

Aunt Kelley with her girl...

Whew! What a day!

What a special weekend for Aunt Kelley. Emmy was a constant amusement. I enjoyed having her here so much. It will be hard to take her home in the morning.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a Doll!! I am so jealous!! But I am thrilled that you all had a great time!! Everything looked like so much fun!! You are one special aunt!!!
Love you,
Mom

Anonymous said...

That is awesome. what a great aunt you are. Thanks for letting all of us who can not be there share a little in them growing up. We love you cuz!

Deb said...

I love looking at Emmy's expressions in the pictures on both your posts and Holly's. She has a whole lot of cute mixed with a little bit of ornery in her face!I also agree with your statement about having the kids one-on-one - noone is competing for your attention and you can choose activities that are tailor made to that particular kid.

Jaena said...

Kelley, you are the perfect aunt! What a fun weekend with Emmy - she is a doll. I am sure her memories of good times with you will last a lifetime.

mandamich said...

I LOOOOVE seein the kids and when you AND Holly post, I get double the cuteness! THAT Emmy! She is Definitly a Grate! YOU could be her mom, with those Grate eyes on her. Jay would have NO luck denying paternity on that one( not that he'd try, of course) What a fun weekend for her and you. YOu are so special to those kids!

Anonymous said...

It was a fun time for all. Even though Emmy is only my "pretend" niece, I love her dearly. I would also agree that one at a time is the way to go. It's easier for all involved. Those kids are so much fun for me since all of my nieces and nephews are all grown up.