Thursday, July 27, 2006

My Week

Well, this has been an interesting week. Let me walk you through it...

Monday~ Like I mentioned in my earlier post, I brought Elijah back with me from Ohio. He has been here all week and has been great! We swam in the afternoon when we got home followed by a softball game and then afterwards a pizza/pool party at Sue's for the whole team. It was lots of fun and Elijah loved all the kids to play with. He especially loved the splash ball war with the adults. He proved not only that he could dish it out but that he could take it as well. He got nailed a couple of times and took it like a trooper. Did I take any pictures? NO!

Tuesday~ Daily swimming and then a surprise birthday party for Missy Snyder that evening. Jeremy and Jennifer Hite were there so Elijah got to play with Liam and all the other kids too, but he really liked Liam. We had another fun day. Did I take any pictures? NO!

Wednesday~ Daily swimming although it was cloudy. Wednesday evening we made a fire in the spitting rain and roasted hot dogs and made smores. Then we went and rented a couple of movies. Did I take any pictures? NO!

Thursday~ Today I had an interview at Marion for an assistant principal's position at 10:00am. So, Elijah stayed with Sue Wed. night so I wouldn't have to worry about him this morning. The interview went well and hopefully I'll hear something tomorrow. I still haven't heard about the other job though, so who knows. The waiting is killing me. I just want to know where I'm going to be in the fall (which starts in 3 short weeks). Again, Daily swimming. My friend Heidi and Elaine came over today bringing Shelby, and Elaine's two granddaughters to swim. Elijah enjoyed having friends to swim with. Since they were all girls, a little showing off was necessary. :) Then we got cleaned up and headed to Indy. They caught the sniper so everyone can relax. (Grandma Walsh was worried about us going to Indy since there was a sniper on the loose.) We played putt-putt and arcade games. I spent $11.00 on coins so Elijah could win 350 tickets and purchase $2.00 worth of junk. You've gotta love the arcade scam! THEN, Sue decided we needed Baskin Robbins ice-cream. So, the only place to get it is in Anderson so we would have to take 69 back in order to do that. We hadn't gone 5 miles till we started seeing the taillights. For the next hour we sat in bumper to bumper traffic going 8 miles in that hour. We finally came to a turn around, whipped the car around and tried a country route to Anderson which I screwed up and we had to back track to get to 37. An hour later, we finally arrived in Elwood where we purchased McFlurries from McDonalds at 10:00pm. So, our 1 hour trip home took about 2hr. 20 min. Elijah was THRILLED! He loves to ride in the car! :) Did I take any pictures today? NO!

Friday~ I'm guessing here but I'm sure swimming will be involved and that I will forget to take pictures! We will meet Andrea tomorrow evening for supper in Celina to make the transfer. Elijah will then be off to his exciting weekend with Aunt Andrea and Uncle Jon which will involve....More Swimming! Ha! It will be a little more exciting since they'll be doing their swimming at Wyndot Lake, a really cool water park. Elijah's pretty psyched!

Well, Folks, it's been an interesting week. I'm sure I have the beginnings of an ulcer. My stomach is in a constant state of unrest. Even in the midst of my stress and nervousness, I did enjoy my time with Elijah. Amanda~ I am really sorry that I didn't take any pictures. I don't know why I can't seem to remember. I guess my mind is just pre-occupied. That might explain why Wed. I backed straight into Amanda's(Sue's neice) car as I was leaving Sue's. I knew it was there, but I was thinking about other things and just slammed straight into it. There was some damage so I had to report it to my insurance. This is my first claim ever. I was just sick. I guess in the grand scheme of things, it was minor. No one was in her car and Elijah wasn't with me. So, nobody was hurt. Just the car and my pride.

I'd love it if you'd all continue praying for me. I'm looking forward to the day when I can blog with some big announcement about what I'll be doing for a job this fall. Even if it's just returning to my teaching job. I just need some peace. Thanks a bunch!

Love ya,
Kelley

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You better take some pictures today or you are in big trouble! :)
But your week sounds like you all had a great time! Sorry to hear about your fender bender! Hang in there, I am sure God has something good in store for you!! But waiting is hard!!
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Picture are a must. But remember all in time His not ours. It sounds profound and advice that is easy for me to give but hard to listen to when it is me that has to wait. You are always in our prayers we love you Cuz!

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about you last night and wondering how the interview went. My "Road Rage Disorder" was flarring up as I read about your traffic jam last night. :) Quite a trip for some ice cream :) Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Kelly, my life is one wrong turn down the road of life. I try to mix up my way home at night in an attempt to not get bored, really it is my effort to find a shorter path. I can totally sympathize with you on the trip to get ice cream,once you are committed might as well go for it and hope they are still open when you get there.

Things will work out for you! Keep all 1,189 bloggers posted on your progress. Just wanted to give you something to smile about. There are probably only 118 but I have always had the tendency to think big.

Love ya
Carolyn

Jim Womack said...

Sounds like some great fun, Kelley. The following post on my friend's blog has had me thinking, and I thought you might be able to relate: http://kensrobin.blogspot.com/ Scroll down to the July 25 entry (I think). :-)

Jaena

Deb said...

Kelley, you crack me up! I know I can always count on you (and Jaena) to let me know someone in the blog world is reading!!! It was nice of you since I was gone all week to just post once and sum up your week in one shot. Thanks.

Big game tonight - GO COLLEGE WESLEYAN LADIES!!!