Monday, July 10, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me!

Well, it's 11:27 so if I don't get this posted soon, it won't be my birthday anymore. Today was my 35th birthday. I've joked all day about being 29 and holding, but I really don't mind saying that I'm 35. I even threw myself a party. Sue asked me why I would want to do that? She likes to pretend that birthdays aren't happening anymore and maybe when I'm as old as her I'll feel that way too, but I still have a couple of years. :) Sorry Sue I couldn't resist. But to answer her question, I have found that if I make my birthday fun, I don't get depressed about it. I could easily turn this into a day of mourning. Whoa is me, you get the picture, but why? Having an excuse to party is so much better. So, after our softball game tonight (we won
15-5 BTW) I had the team over for cake and ice cream. We also had a fire going and all the fixins for smores. It was lots of fun. My patio and sun room came in real handy. This was my first big outdoor party and I loved it. I truely love entertaining and I'll look for any excuse to do it. That was an open invitation by the way, just give me a heads up that you're coming and I'll do my best to entertain you. :) Below are some pictures from the party. You will notice that I (the Birthday Girl) am the only one missing from the pictures. I had Sue take a picture of me with Missy, but it was truely such a bad picture of me that i couldn't bring myself to post it. You'll just have to trust me that I was there for my own party.


Gathered in the kitchen, getting ready to eat.


Heather Hord and her friend Michelle


Deb Wuertley fixin her plate


Bob and Janet ( Sue's mom and dad)


Shelli Rowley and Jill Dmyszewicz (formally Smithley)


The fire builders ~ Deb Sigworth, Shawn (Jill's Husband) and Sue


Lynn Munday, Missy Snyder, and Brooke Justus


These are my birthday flowers from my mom and dad. I had to post them so they could see what a beautiful bouquet they sent me. Thanks!


Well, that's it! Another year gone. As I ponder this next year I have a few goals, but I'll have to make that another post. It's almost midnight and i'm fading fast. I just thought of something I have to add. Sunday during Sunday School Emmy mentioned to another little girl that tomorrow was her aunt's birthday. The little girl asked her how old I was going to be. Emmy's response was, "I don't know, but she's really old!" You've gotta love the honesty of little ones. Night!

8 comments:

Deb said...

I just finished my post and linked over to see if you had posted yet -now my night truly is complete :)

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that you had a great birthday party! Even if I didn't get to be there! The flowers are beautiful!! I did good! :) Looking forward to coming over and putting the firepit to use!
Love you,
Mom

Jaena said...

Happy birthday (a day late), Kelley! I don't think 35 is old at all...we are still quite young, in my opinion. :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday cuz! I am sorry that I did not know it was your birthday. I thought it was some sort of national holiday but I could not remember what it was. It looks like you had a blast. I have put on my work calendar which means that I will forget it then to. Love ya cuz!

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure how to even respond to this blog. Must be nice to be so young. We're only two years apart now, so I guess we can be friends, but I'm not sure after that old comment. It was a great time. I don't mind at all when you throw yourself a party, it mean way less work for me. Besides, I don't remember you throwing me a birthday pary lately. I did a few surprise ones for you if I remember right.

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
That's the way to celebrate if no one else will throw you a party better do it yourself.
One year for some reason mom and dad were gone and the kids were little and I was feeling somewhat left out so I went to the bakery and ordered me a birthday cake. She ask me what I wanted on it and I told her " Happy Birthday to Me"
So it all is your frame of mind.

HAPPY Birthday to yoooooouuuuu
HAPPY Birthday to Yooooooouuuuu
HAPPY Birthday dearest kellyyyyyyyy
HAPPY Birthday to YOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUU
and many moreeeeee........

Carolyn

Anonymous said...

You're definitely the "hostess with the mostest". Thanks for having us all over to celebrate the special day with you You're still young at heart!

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Hey kel!
Can't believe I didn't comment on my own daughters post... I've not had the computer for a couple days and boy have I missed A LOT! Happy b-day 2 days late...! I love that you threw yourself a party. That is the true definition of self-confidence. You go girl! The pics of Emmy make this mommy's heart full and proud. What an angel my precious girl is. God has definately blessed me! Thanks Auntie Kelley!