Sunday, July 09, 2006

Emmy Rae~ Part I

As I stated in an earlier post about Elijah, I decided to get the kids seperately for their own special weekends this summer. For some of us kidless Aunts, all 3 at once is a little overwhelming. Doable, but not nearly as enjoyable. I have had the best time with both Elijah and Emmy this summer. I feel like I've been able to build even stronger bonds with both of them. My time with Emmy was priceless, especially at night when the silliness fades away and sleep starts to take hold. When she crawls up in my lap, wraps her arms around my neck and whispers, "Aunt Kelley?" I say, "What baby?" She answers softly, "I love you." There's no greater feeling in the world. This aunt wouldn't trade that moment for any other.
So, here's how we spent Emmy's special weekend.
I picked her up on Thursday evening. When we got here, we started a fire and roasted marshmallows.
Looks like she's done this before!

Emmy would catch her marshmallow on fire and then swing it around suddenly for Sue or I to blow out the fire. I was sure one of us was going to catch a flaming marshmallow in the eye.

Friday we were off to the Indianapolis Zoo. We had a great day!
This is Emmy and Sue in front of the bears. They were sleeping on this hot afternoon.

Aunt Kelley and Emmy in front of a pond. There were lots of ducks and flamingos, but not in the picture unfortunately.

Emmy with a baby goat.

Her favorite part of the whole day was riding the pony.

The drumstick came in a close 2nd. It was such a hot afternoon that a little sweet treat was necessary. :)

Time to go home. Emmy loved the polar bear she got for a souvenier.

To be continued.....

1 comment:

Kim said...

She is absolutely beautiful. She looked like she was having a blast. I wish my kids had their Uncle John closer to take them for a weekend but they do have papa and grammy. As much as that time means to you, it means more to Emmy. You are awesome and I can't wait to read your next blog.