Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Step it Up!

Okay people, If I can take the time to blog, you can take 30 sec. to comment! I know you're out there, reading, sneaking in and out of the page silently. It's so disappointing to check for comments and always see the same number. I know that sometimes there's not much to say depending on what I wrote, but even a "Hey, I was here" would be nice. It would give me something to read. I check Holly's blog every day and she has tons of comments. She and her friends are all having these fun little banters back and forth. I'm so envious! I'll back off now, but please say Hi when you visit!

New? Nothing! My last class starts May 15th so I have a little breather. I received an A for my year long internship grade. That was exciting. To be honest, I find myself almost bored. I have all my grading caught up, lesson plans written for the rest of the year. I don't know what to do with myself when there's extra time in the day. Like today. Our lesson on birds didn't take the whole period and the students had a light assignment to complete, but I have nothing to do. Usually I am using this time to get some project done or do my journal, but now, there's nothing to do! So, I'm blogging. I can't believe I'm complaining about being bored. It just makes the days drag by when you're not busy. Wish I was bored when I'm at home and need to be cleaning. Unfortunately, I don't feel that way then...

Softball starts next Monday. I'm looking forward to that. You'll probably be hearing alot about our team, I don't want Deb to quit or anything. She's our star short fielder.

Money? I still don't have any! If I don't find a principal's job, I'm not sure I'm going to make it Credit Card free for another year. So, far I have held on to the wagon for deal life, but it's getting harder. I spent half my savings on a push mower, hose, gas can, etc. The outside of my house is going to require alot of things that I dont' have. It killed me to part with the money, but it had to be done. At least I paid cash! ;)

Well, it's time for me to take my bored body over to the ISS room. My favorite part of the day! Yippee!

Have a good one!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

kelly,
I read with great delight each time you write a new chapter. Boredom is related to intelligence, that is my theory and i am sticking to to it. If you need a resume let me know I can whip one up for you. Are there any possibilities in the near future for openings?

Saw your comment on John's the kids are cute they are growing quickly.

Hope your day improves.

your cuz carol

Anonymous said...

Kelley,

Anonymous said...

I

Anonymous said...

checked

Anonymous said...

your blog

Anonymous said...

today.

Anonymous said...

Kelley,
If you are feeling bored, you should get this game at Wal-Mart called 20 Questions. It's a hand held electronic game that cost around $10 and it is amazing. We got it for Elizabeth in her Easter basket (actually, we got it for Sabrina for her birthday but I wanted to play with it so we gave it to Elizabeth instead) and it was played with non stop by the adults at our family Easter get together.

Jaena said...

Kelley, I read your blog and it often makes me LOL! You are a good - not to mention interesting and funny - writer. :-)

Deb is right about the 20 Questions game. It is amazing. I was thinking of an eyelash, and it guessed it!

Also, so proud of you for sticking with your budget and committment to only pay cash. Good for you!

Jaena

Kim said...

I was here also. I do sneak in and out reading but never know what to comment. I have to say that I agree with my mom (just this once) BOREDOM is a sign of your intelligence not being used. I really do enjoy reading...keep writing.

Anonymous said...

Well, I was here also. Deb, good job, I bet Kelley will be so excited to see all the comments, very creative. I only feel bordom when I am at school. Then I feel anxious because there are tons of other things I would rather be doing than teaching those disrespectful, braty jr. high kids. I'm looking forward to softball too!! We added a few recruits, so it should be interesting. We are going to win the tournament this year or I am quiting. I'm sick of winning all season and then getting beat in the tourney. Hope this was enough comment for a while.

Anonymous said...

Kelly, I "blog Stalk" you through Holly's blog from time to time, usually looking for more pics of their babies...MORE would be nice by the way:) I read your previous post about the Taylor students and almost posted then, but we also have a connection there with the student still in a coma( the only one ejected from the van that survived..Laura VanRyn.) She is from Gr Rapids, Mi and my Grandma's church. Her Grandma and mine are very close. Brendon has visited the hospital(she is here in fort wayne) many times. She is making some SMALL improvements and slowly seems to be surfacing from her coma. They did some more surgeries this Am , which is apparently a good sign( opting to do surgery while in the coma). We are praying for Sue and her friends as well! God will be glorified EVEN through this!!!! NOW! How about some more pictures of your nieces and nephews:) Amanda(Holly's friend)

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

So good to see Deb has returned. I was starting to wonder if our blog stalker had taken a long nap! I think we should start a blog petitioning her to start her own so we can see pictures of her kids!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

smart what?