Friday, May 05, 2006

There is hope!

Aunt Kelley with her favorite girl!
Emmy colors a picture at Aunt Kelley's house!

Yippee! It's Friday! I'm not sure why I'm excited about that. Sue had a full weekend of painting planned for me. I'm a little offended that she feels the need to paint my blue "Longaberger" bedroom. But, I moved out so I guess she's free to change it. After all, it is her house! Speaking of houses, mine needs cleaned. Any volunteers out there?

Last night I stayed to watch our school's production of "Snow White" for which I volunteered to take tickets. It was pretty good. I enjoyed seeing the kids in this different way. One student in particular. This boy wasn't in the play, but he ran the spotlights. He was sent to my room before the play to get a pair of scissors and the look on his face as he approached my door was very sheepish and almost scared to ask me. I mentioned this to my friend, the director, and she replied, "I noticed that when I asked him. He acted as if I had just asked him to walk on hot coals. What's the deal there?" I chuckled, getting some sick pleasure out of knowing that he was scared to come to my door. This is one student who takes great pleasure in tormenting me each day during the 8th grade lunch. He's often obnoxious and always disrespectful when I ask him to quit doing whatever it is he is doing that day. If even for a few minutes, he was regretting those actions as he had to approach me for a favor. I enjoyed that immensely. But, what I enjoyed even more was seeing that he does have a dependable, responsible side. He did a great job running the spots and he was very faithful to come to practice. This is not the student I see each day at 11:00am. That gave me hope. I'm not sure what kind of invisible force field (one which strips their brains of all normal behavior) they walk through each day on their way into the cafeteria, but it's good to know that outside those four walls, they actually can be nice, dependable, respectable, kids.

Grandma Grate Update~ Wed. morning at 1:00am my Aunt Brenda found my grandma laying on the garage floor with a broken leg. The break was up high near the hip, but it was a clean break and they believe she will make a full recovery. She had surgery last night at 7:00pm. Why was grandma in the garage? Nobody knows for sure. She doesn't remember. She's very stubborn and independent. I'd like to be a mouse in the room when they tell her about the 6-8 weeks in a rehab facility. I'm sure that will go over like a lead balloon. Please keep her in your prayers. I know the change will be difficult for her not to mention the pain she's been experiencing. Drugs are great until they wear off. When there's an hour to go before they'll give you more, it's a long hour!

Well, I'm gonna wrap for today! Have a great weekend everybody!

P.S. 17 days and counting....

6 comments:

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Kel- such cute pictures!!! I need them! Could you make me a CD of them for Memorial day??

Anonymous said...

Well, had you not painted such a color that doesn't go with anything but the longenberger comforter, I might have left it. Sorry about putting you to work, but working is good for you. Keeps you from laying around falling asleep. Gotta keep narkaleptics busy. Not sure if that is a work, or if I spelled it even close to right. But, you get the idea.

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
thanks for the new blog. I think I may need to do an old people's blog to express my humdrum life! ha

Miss E is adorable and her aunt is not so bad herself.

Love Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Kelley-

Thanks for the Jaena link! She was the only blog in my "network" that I couldn't link to from someone elses. The blogging world can't get too much better for me now.

Oh, and tomorrow I expect to see full roster/stats and photos from our game tonight.

Deb

Kelley said...

Deb,
I just posted a new blog and I mention that there will be a full report on the game tomorrow! :)

I finally figured out how to do the link thing. It has made my life alot easier also! :)

Kelley said...

Holly,
I will have a CD ready and waiting for you. I need to talk to you about that weekend. I have a hairbrained scheme that envolved getting Elijah early if possible. Give me a call!
Love ya!