Thursday, May 25, 2006

4 Days and Counting....

Only 4 days left! Now that sounds great except Sue is done tomorrow so I'm a little bitter. However, for those of you who work year round, I'm sure you're wanting to punch me right about now for complaining about 4 days! What can I say, you had the opportunity to pick teaching. Some of us are smarter than others.

School has actually been good this week. It's Thursday and I still haven't been mad this week. No kidding, that is a big time miracle! (Especially at this time of the year.)

American Idol~ I enjoyed the finale show. All the guest stars made it fun and seeing the past contestants. Mandeesa still floors me. I wish she had made it farther. As a weight challenged individual I have to give her Kudos for being confident enough to get up there and shake it with the rest of the skinny minnies! I was fine with the results. I enjoy Taylor as long as I close my eyes when he sings. He has a great voice, but when he starts flopping around like a fish out of water, it's almost painful. I know this is what endeared him to many Americans, but it just made me uncomfortable. Luckily you can listen to a CD without having to watch the artist. I felt a little sorry for Katherine though. I think she has a great voice. The judges seemed to be extremely hard on her. It was like no matter what she did, it was wrong. I felt like this started to affect her confidence toward the end of the season. She always looked like she was ready for the bomb to drop on her. Her final song that they wrote for her was horrible, but I think it was a horrible song. I will say this though, Somewhere Over the Rainbow was one of my favorite performance and I thought she outsang Taylor last night. Her performance with Meatloaf was Awesome! He was a little wacked, but she was outstanding! I think she'll be succesful anyway!

Well, tomorrow the munchkins come and I CAN'T WAIT! I am missing them something terrible. Amanda, if you're reading, look for some great kid pics next week! This will probably be it till next Tuesday, so everyone have a great Memorial Day Weekend! Be safe and have fun!

Love to all,
Kelley

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you totally!! How about that? Looking forward to the
weekend!
I am a little jealous of your 4 days and counting but I would be bored out of my mind if I had to stay home by myself for 2 months!:) But of course if daddy were to retire and travel with me, that would be awesome!
Love ya,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kelly! I'll loook forward to the pics! I agree with the dancing comments about Taylor! I've commented to Brendon all season that he reminds me of the Seinfeld episode when Elaine danced and her( acting like a bad dancer ) looks exactly like how Taylor dances! It's spooky because that was done for comedic effect pn Seinfeld and HE is serious!

Anonymous said...

OH! Sorry the second "anonymous" post is ME, Amanda:)

Big John said...

I am the only person in America who did not watch American Idol. I saw only parts of the season and liked Taylor because it at least appeared to give it his all. Have a great weekend with the kids!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't stand Taylor. He drove me crazy. I wanted Chris to win it all, oh well. None will ever compare to Carrie Underwood. She is awesome!!

So sorry you have school left. I'm done!!!!!!!!!! Going to float in the pool all summer, hopefully the weather will allow me that.