Friday, April 28, 2006

Tradgedy

Today's thoughts are a little more somber. Our community has suffered a great tragedy. The accident that occured Wed. night claiming 4 students and 1 professor from Taylor University has us all reeling. It reminds us all how quickly our lives can be taken. Whitney Cerek was one of the students killed in this crash. Her parents were Sue's youth pastors when Sue was a teen. She has remained close with them and is really heart broken for their loss. Whitney's older sister is also a Taylor student so please pray for the Cereks. Pray for all the families, but this one hit close to home. I can't even imagine how you deal with such a loss, but God is so big and I know he'll wrap all of these parents and families in his arms.

I also have 2 students in my building whose father passed away Wed. night. So, please pray for Aney and Garrett. They're both super kids and will need alot of strength through this time.

1 comment:

Big John said...

I am out a loss for words life is very fragile. I will remember them tonight as I go to bed. Tell Sue we will keep her in our thoughts and prayers. Same as those two little boys. It is great though that they have a teacher who is so full of compassion. I love you cuz!