Tuesday, May 09, 2006

A League of Their Own!

STOP THE PRESSES! STOP THE PRESSES! The College Wesleyan Women's softball team is back in action and they are HOT! Last night was their season opener against Lakeview Wesleyan. They scored an easy win clinching the game in 5 innings with a score of 21-1. It took a few innings for the bats to get going since most hadn't swung a bat since last season, but in the 3rd inning they cut loose scoring 9 runs. It is a team concensus that this huge victory can mostly be attributed to our "star" short-fielder, Deb Wuertley. She was an "AllSTAR" last night as the pictures clearly show.


First we have Deb swinging for the fence...

She makes it to base safely, although due to an error which hurt the batting average a little, probably scoring a run, but I can't remember for sure!

Wait a minute, what's this? She's sitting on the job? Oh my Goodness! We might have to revoke her "Player of the Game" honors.

Okay, in all seriousness, everybody played great and had a wonderful time getting back together after the winter. We're looking forward to another succesful season.


Sue is our star pitcher, doing a great job as always!


Lynn is our catcher. "How are those legs feeling today?"


Shelli's rounding third and headed for home. (Probably from Deb's earlier hit)


Brooke takes a break on first.


Amanda's going to make a great addition to our team. Look at that form!

Keep reading for future updates!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT JOB CWC! Great to see all of you after a long winter. Looking forward to a fun season. Thanks for the pics and comments Kelley.
Heather

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Team!!
I felt like I was there!
Looking forward to more updates
and pictures!
Good luck in future games!

Mom

Anonymous said...

Kelley-

Now that is what I call awesome coverage!!! (I'll give you your $20 for the extended press on Sunday. - actually I'll add on $10 for not mentioning my K on the last at bat.)

I'll have to say, the legs are a little sore. I woke up this morning not feeling too bad, but as the day wore on, it got worse. Am I the only one out there that is feeling this way?

Nothing like softball season - thanks Kelley for all of your work putting it together!

Kelley said...

Deb,
No problem! I enjoy doing it. I'm expecting my call from the Chronicle any day. I'm sure they're wondering why I haven't been covering Grant Co. sports before now.

Anonymous said...

Shouldn't Ken Hill (Sports Hotline)be retiring pretty soon? Now there is a job for Sue, too. I've always wondered who would take it over, and Ken puts in a ton of hours. I'm sure the Sports Hotline is a full time job for two people.

Maybe we are onto something.......

Jaena said...

Congratulations, CWC women! Seeing the pics almost made me want to join up..maybe we will just come and cheer for you - wouldn't want to hurt that winning record.

Jaena

Anonymous said...

Deb,
I was a little sore, but not bad. Most of the soreness was a combination of working on my room for 3 days straight-painting, moving furniture, etc, planting flowers, and playing ball. But, I was not to bad considering all. I'm not sure the sports hotline is for me. Guess I could take the pictures. I would have to leave the writing up to Kelley.
Can't wait till the next game!!