Thursday, May 18, 2006

I'm Back!



Kismet and I's traditional banquet picture!


Kelley, Mom, and Andrea at the banquet.

I know it's been awhile. I'm very sorry cousin John. It's been just as frustrating for me as it has been for all of you. Our internet at school has either been down or so slow it won't bring up the blog site for the last week. It has driven me nearly crazy; not that I have far to go. So, how am I typing this blog you might wonder. Am I at Sue's? Nope! I'm at home at 2:00 on a Thursday afternoon. Last weekend I was home for Mother's day and got my first blessing from having Jon Gorenflo as a brother-in-law. The computer he built Andrea while they were dating is now mine! Jon had three others, so they didn't need this one. I was so excited. I really wanted a computer but it was an expense I just couldn't justify at this time. So as the school year is coming to a close, I was wondering, "How am I going to keep up with my blog during the summer?" Now I can! I went and signed up for high-speed internet through my cable company which was installed this very afternoon. Which is why I am here instead of at school. First order of business, was to update the blog. I must stop at this point and properly say a big "Thank YOU" to Andrea and Jon. The computer is awesome. I am especially impressed with the deluxe wireless keyboard and mouse. My fingers feel so nimble flying over these keys. I really like the feel of the keyboard. It's great!

Mom- Had a wonderful time last weekend. I wanted to post that on Monday, but couldn't. I enjoyed my time at home immensely. I enjoyed the special meal you cooked on Sunday very much! It's probably wrong that you spoiled US on YOUR special day, but Thanks anyways! ;)

School-It's going well. I can say that since I'm not there this afternoon! :) I've had a few rough days in the cafeteria, but I just keep telling myself I can survive anything for 8 days. It's only 45 min. of the day. The hard part is not letting that 45 min. ruin the rest of the afternoon.

Holly- You need to update the blog! I want to see Elijah without his front two teeth!

Jason- I'm so excited about your news! I can't wait to talk to you about it! Holly- tell everyone about the news in your blog, I don't know enough details.

John, Kim and Carolyn- I'm praying for you! Get better soon "Aunt" Carolyn! We all need you.

Okay, I'm going to wrap this up and add a few pics taken at the mother-daughter banquet. For those of you who like my hair long, enjoy the pictures, I got it chopped off today on my way home from school. Spontenaity is one of my best qualities! I love it by the way!

Love you all!
Kelley

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a wonderful weekend with my daughters too! Even if I did have to cook on "MY" day :) For you girls, it is my pleasure! Glad you finally got back to blogging. I was having withdrawl :) I want to thank Jon and Andrea too for their generous gift to you!
Love you
Mom

Anonymous said...

So glad you got high speed internet that is really high speed. Now I can come over to your house if I need true high speed. The computer is really nice. I especially like the wireless mouse. Sure would like to have one of those. Makes things much easier.

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

So many things to comment... God is good - funny how you get what you need if you'll just wait for Him... What news??? I'll update the blog tomorrow with a pic of little Lij and his missing teeth..just for you Kel!!!!

Kelley said...

Thanks Holl! I miss you guys. I thought Jason was going to be speaking for Kingdom Building and is writing a book...etc.? Mom and Dad talked to him forever last Sat. but I only heard the short version. Are you guys going to come next weekend? See ya!

Anonymous said...

ahhh. That's better. I am gald you got the computer but I have to make it Marion the next time your mom makes a big meal. Congrats on the great gift.

Kim said...

Thanks for all your prayers with mom.

I will be waiting for an invite the next time your mom makes food. Now that I am married, I am the one making all of the meals for my family and occasionally I wouldn't mind if someone cooked for me. And your mom is one of the best cooks I know. I am getting hungry thinking about it.

Anonymous said...

kelly,
Thanks for the prayers they were needed, it isn't often that you get a wake up call that is right out there saying hey hey can you hear me can you hear me? I feel fortunate that I listen to that inner voice that said maybe the hospital is not a bad place to go.

I missed reading all the blogs it is getting really adictive and I kept thinking I hope they don't write a lot while I am in here.

My next challenge is the BIG one that I am always telling my clients that I have not mastered and that is my adiction to food. So I tell them I admit that and that is usually the first step to recovery. Soooooooooooo........once again I am giving WW my money and my early morning sleep in to go have someone thinner than me put me on a scale and tell me I am fat. The very worse thing is I am paying them to tell me something I already know.

Just keep praying for me, I am still getting high numbers on the BP and there doesn't seem to be any answers. They checked me from head to toe and inside and out and took enough blood to feed the whole village of vampires and still could not find anything.

My BP was good while I was asleep so I am going to ask at work if I can wear pjs and bring my blanket..

Love you
Carolyn