Saturday, April 01, 2006

dress fittings, colon cleanses, diets and how they all tie together

Dress fittings and diets...I will be so glad when the day comes and goes and my dress actually zips! First we take it in, then I have nightmares that it won't zip. 2nd fitting...It won't zip! I would love to lay the full blame on the seamstress, but it might have been partially me. (I don't feel like I've been overeating, but maybe...) So, never fear, they can let it back out, so what do I do? I start the American Heart Association diet and I've lost 10 lbs. in 2 weeks. I have two weeks to go before my 3rd fitting, so who knows? Maybe they'll have to take it back in! I just keep comforting myself with the poncho.

Colon Cleanse...Long story short, a friend of mine researched this cleanse and thought we needed to do it. Since I'm not what you would call "regular" I thought, "what the heck!" It claimed a possible 5-25lb weight loss in excess matter, so I thought that was a good thing. I have been amazed at how much "matter" can actually be stored in a person. And I must say it feels "glorious" to be going to the bathroom regularly, but weight loss? I'm puzzled by this, but I don't think I can attribute even 1lb of loss to the colon cleanse. I would recommend it though. I think it's good to get your system completely cleaned out. And that goes for those of you who are "regular". Just because you're going doesn't mean that your getting rid of the build-up which they say is really bad for you. Okay John, does that qualify as TMI?

Other thoughts...Today was my sister's shower that I hosted here in Indiana. It was for all her friends from College Wesleyan and her old co-workers from IWU. We had a great time. I'd like to say thanks to all who came. I was a really nice day. I was asked the other day how I was holding up as the wedding approached. I think I'm in denial. I haven't allowed myself to really think about it. Don't get me wrong, I love Jon and I am so happy for Andrea. But, it's been Andrea and I for a long time. I loved that we got to live together for a couple of years. We developed an even closer bond during that time if that's possible. I've been the older sister looking out for her little sister for many years. It's hard to think that I'll be turning that role over to somebody else. (Although I couldn't pick a better person) Dealing with being the only sibling not married? Well, I literally don't let myself think about it. I hesitate to write these feeling down because I don't want to put any kind of damper on Andrea's happiness. She's so sensitive and i know she'll be worried about me so I tend to pretend that everything's great. I think she sees right through me though. I do want to say, that I have the best sister. I feel so blessed to have the close relationship that we have. I know marriage doesn't change that. I should be thrilled...it means I'll have more nieces and nephews to spoil rotten soon! Auntie Kelley better hope she finds that principal's job. :)

Well, time changes tonight. It is now 9:15, but that means, 10:15! AGGHHG! Whatever will we do? These Indiana people are big babies! Night!

6 comments:

Big John said...

Oh my... that is way to much information. As I read it I actually felt the need to go to the bathroom. I love you counsin and I loved the post.

Anonymous said...

We aren't big babies, we just liked being the state that was steady. Everyone changed, but we stayed the same. It was great while it lasted, as long as I can remember anyways. I'm feeling kind of tired because of the lost hour somewhere last night. Had to change my clock in my car today, what a pain in the butt!! Kel, I feel your pain about the only sibling not being married. I've been there done that, hopefully you won't have to go through nieces and nephews getting married and having babies before you get married. I think I'm one up on you there. That is when it really gets depressing. No wonder the last year of my life has been hell, I think I've finally put a finger on what has been wrong with me!! Oh well, hopefully there are two wonderful men out there for each of us! Anyone know of any???

Anonymous said...

I think a little too much information for public knowledge. But hey, that's ok! I was so proud of you and your warm wonderful home!! I know there is a wonderful man out there for you, we just have to find him!! And we will!!

Anonymous said...

kelly,
been thinking how about a resume i am pretty good writing about a persons skills and can't think it would be too hard to write one for you to send out to the eligible bachelors. Your sister got the job so I am available. It could start out something like:

Young professional looking for tall dark gentleman to provide home cooked meals, share in a lot of laughs, and willing to sew on buttons if wealthy and able to provide diamonds and furs.

Relevant Experience:
Home Owner, can identify plumbing problems able to call plumber, able to pay most utilities on time and mortgage up to date.

Writer, express myself well in all forms of communication. Can support arguments with facts and able to talk longer and with more humor and rationale.

Education:
Lived with two single females, sharing ideas about decorating and who's turn to do dishes. One brother, gained valuable experience in fighting dirty and strong peacemaker.

Willing to provide strong family and friend references available upon request.

Love you,
Better not to have anyone than get a loser.

Kelley said...

Man, You made me sound really good! What's wrong with these men? I agree though, I'd rather be single than marry a loser. Well, at least most days I believe that. When I was making my 50th back-breaking trip to the burn pile last week, I'd have given anything to have a man, loser or not! ;) Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Well, I always thought i would find the guy on life support that had no living children or other relatives. then just as we said I do I would trip over the plug and say not anymore, Ha

I really think the same as you as different points in your life having male companion would be a boost to the ego and spirit.

Can't wait to see you at the wedding. It's rolling around the corner fast.

Take care and your mom promised to bring me over to see your house.
Anxious to see it the pictures look like you got a good deal.

love Carolyn