Thursday, March 23, 2006

Pressure to be Funny

I am really at a loss today. I want to post. I really do! It's been awhile, but I feel this pressure to either write something profound, or funny. I'm not really feeling either today. My cousin John is now blogging and he is hillarious. I feel certain that I cannot compete. I keep thinking, "what can I write about that's funny and random?" But nothing comes to mind. I feel when I write serious stuff, it's a downer. Nobody comments so I think, "Well, that didn't go over well." The pressure is really getting to me. Well, I think I'll just start rambling about all the things going through my head and we'll see what comes out. (could be scary)

I started to blog Wed. about music and lost it when I was almost done. I now work in Russia like Sue so my computer went bazerk and said something about putting my documents in quarentine. So, that was bad. I have been really touched by alot of songs lately. I love Jesus Take the Wheel by Carrie Underwood. It's had personal meaning for me this year with all the things I've had going on. I've had to turn the wheel over more than once. If I'd quit taking it back the ride would probably go much more smoothly. It's funny how we can't seem to learn that lesson. I also love Believe by Brooks and Dunn. One that has been on my mind alot today is When I get to Where I'm going by Brad Paisley and Dolly Parton. I love the part that talks about seeing his grandpa when he gets to Heaven. I've been thinking about my Grandpa Grate alot this week. Sue's Grandma passed away this week and it's really made me miss him. Last weekend I was at home to get fitted for my bridesmaids dress (there's a story waiting to be told) and we went to visit my Grandma. She sure is aging quickly. It makes me sad. But while we were there I just kept looking at Andrea who was sitting in "Grandpa's" chair. I just kept thinking how happy Grandma will be when she finally gets to where she's going. She'll be back with Grandpa where she belongs. I don't think she's been the same since he left us. Okay, I know that was a downer. Sorry.

I'm excited for next week. It's finally SPRING BREAK!! I'm a little depressed because it's the first spring break in a while that I'm going to be staying home. Being poor stinks! I'm hoping the weather is nice so I can work in the yard. I could build a house with all the limbs in my yard. I need to do some collecting and burning. Ahh.. Homeownership! Isn't is great? I am excited however that at the end of the week, I'll be hosting a shower for Andrea. I couldn't do that from some tropical paradise, so I guess it's worth staying home. :)

Well, I'm running out of steam. I have more thoughts, but they'll have to wait. Look for future blogs about dress fittings, colon cleanses, diets and how they all tie together! :)

Prayer Request: I have to sing Sunday and once again I am fighting a cold. I am going to go ahead with it so please pray. I'm stressed about singing on a good day, add in a sinus infection and I'll be a basket case.

Love you all!

8 comments:

RenderB said...

Only time any computer should say that is when it suspects a virus infection. *Don't mind the geek.*

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Colon cleanses....I was wondering about that just today. No, really... BTW what's with the previous comment? Am I just totally not getting it???

Kelley said...

Hol- I have no idea who the comment is from. Must be some random reader. That's scary! I have lots to tell you about the colon cleanse. I would 100% recommend it. I'll show you all my stuff next Sat. Love ya!

Big John said...

Well cuz that was a great one! I was thinking about your grandpa the other day. I am not sure why but something brought him to my mind and your grandma too. Hazel has always meant a lot to me. I always beleived she had a hotline to God. That if ever a human being could get God to drop what he was doing and get him to focus his attention on something else it was your grandma. I always had a since of piece when Hazel was praying for me becuase I knew that when she prayed that the Angels listened.

Thanks for keeping it updated. I sure am glad there is way for us to keep in touch. I also linked yours and Holly's blog's to mine so people will be able to find you. Love ya Cuz!

Anonymous said...

Kelley-

Just wanted to say I enjoy all your blogs, serious or funny - even when I don't comment. I don't want you to get a blog complex or have low blog esteem. Speaking of colon cleanses, I think I am going to have to open the LBS again - must be eating too much cheese :) And to reference another ladies night topic, I had to visit the doctor yesterday and almost lost it the whole time thinking of Candace. Pleased to announce no leg cramps for me.

Kelley said...

Deb- Thanks for the comments. I feel much better now and my blog esteem is in tact. I'm glad you escaped without any leg cramps1 ;) See you Sunday!

Anonymous said...

Kelley
Surpise, I know this will shock you.It makes me a little nervous writing since i can't find spell check on here, although I've learned you need to be somewhat close for it to work anyway. oh well!! I just wanted to tell you that I enjoy your blog very much and just a random though makes my day. Love you

Kelley said...

Dad- Yeah! I'm so glad you commented! Don't worry, I've been decifering your spelling for years! ;) Love ya!