Saturday, June 13, 2009

Run, Forest, Run...

That's what I felt like yelling as I was on my last lap of running today. I was dying and hurting and wanting to quit.

Gym: Decided to do some interval stuff on the treadmill today. Wasn't sure my ankles and shins could take 11 min. solid again, so I decided to walk a lap, run a lap, walk a lap, etc. until I had reached 2 miles. So, that's what I did. I started out walking to warm up and then ran a quarter, then walked a quarter until I reached two miles. Which means...I ran a mile today! :) Not all together, but a full mile nonetheless. Then I did some ab work, then lifted weights, then walked a mile on the track for a cool down. Best news is, that I came home and weighed and I was down two pounds!!! That Makes 27 total! Woohoo!

Sue asked me last night if body snatchers had actually replaced her best friend and as I sit here nibbling on green peppers and cucumber slices, I would have to wonder that myself. ;)

Have a good day everybody...I'm off to the pool!

3 comments:

K. Karr said...

mmmmm...cucumber slices...I love them....so refreshing!

Sue said...

I'm so proud of you Kel, keep it up!!!!

Anonymous said...

You are cracking me up! But I am so proud of you!! When I read, Run Forest Run, I just started to laugh!! You really should write a book! It would be a best seller!!
We Love you so much!!
Mom & Dad