Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Elation!

I got the 3 pounds off!!! I went back to the gym and ran a 1/2 mile yesterday. I just feel better when I do it! I decided that I'm going to take it easy and not push myself too hard right now. I'll just run enough that it's making me feel good, but stop immediately if it hurts. I'll push for longer time/distance when I've lost more weight. Today's workout was hard!! I am pooped, but that's a good thing! After the workout, I went to Sue's and scrubbed 3 walls that had been stripped of wallpaper, but not the glue and scraps. I worked for 90 min. and feel like it was as much a workout as the workout was. :) Now, I'm ready for a shower and a nap! :)

I'm adding on to this post...I had my shower, but now I'm not so tired. I was thinking...I tend to be very motivated by "things", you know...purses, shoes, clothes, jewlry, etc. :) So, I think I am going to give myself permission to buy myself 1 thing every 10lbs. I know 10 lbs doesn't sound like much, but at the rate I've been taking it off, it could be several months! I am 2 lbs. from going into a new set of numbers (which shall remain nameless). I haven't seen those numbers in over 10 years. So, when I get through them, I'll buy myself something fun! Sounds like a grand idea to me! Now, I need to get online and start shopping for what I want!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are too funny! I am so proud of you and your determination!! You will do this on way or the other!! You go girl!!!
Love you,
Mom

Kim said...

Way to go Kelley!

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Wow!!! Seriously, this is awesome!