Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Frustrated

Well, I knew this day would come. I knew this journey wasn't going to be all happiness and sunshine, but it feels like it came too soon. I'm irritated and frustrated today. I'm up 3 lbs. which I know is probably water, but still it's hard to see. I went to the gym today and did 20 min. on the elliptical which is my longest time and then walked a quick 16 min. mile which is also a personal best, but I feel like I'm not doing enough. The running felt like I was really pushing myself and now without it, I feel like I'm not doing so great. It's very frustrating. I've really got to change my mindset, but right now, it's not happening. So, I think I'm going to REALLY clean my house today (not just one room like yesterday) because I do my best cleaning when I'm mad and then maybe a clean house will perk up my mood. :(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there kiddo!! Have you eaten anything salty? Maybe the weekend catching up? It could be a million things! So just don't worry, it will come back off!! Plus, if you cut back too much, your body wants to hold on to the weight. So just give it a day or so and it will probably just fall right back off!! Are you convinced yet? :) I am so proud of you and all your hard work!!
Love you,
Mom

Missy said...

Sounds like somebody needs to make another list! 3lbs. does not tell the WHOLE story. You spent 20 minutes on the "machine of death". 3lbs. does not cancel out all the positive things you are doing and it does not mean you HAVE failed or WILL fail. Keep going.

* Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and quit. Figure out how to climb it, go through it or work around it. *

Kelley said...

You're so right Missy! The elliptical is the machine of death and I hate every stinking min. I spend on it, but I couldn't even do 10 min. without stopping and sometimes going backwards just to work different muscles before. I went 20 min. hard with no stops...that's progress. I also snuck back to the gym this afternoon and ran 1/2 mile. I feel much better. :) Oh yeah, and I cleaned the WHOLE house and it did improve my mood! ;)