Friday, June 19, 2009

I feel Content

For the time being...I go back and forth between this nervous energy where I can't relax and feel like I should constantly be doing something and this lazy contentment I feel right now. It won't last long, so I'm going to enjoy it.

I had a great workout this morning. I did some running/walking instead of the elliptical. It felt great to do it since it had been a couple of days, but I realized that I burn more calories on the elliptical. Both machines tell you how many calories you are burning, but I had never checked it on the treadmill. That was a real eye opener. It was a good one though because it helps me to feel okay about doing the elliptical more than the running for now. I didn't post yesterday, but Sue and I decided to walk about 4 miles instead of going to the gym. That was a nice change of pace especially since I haven't really walked any longer distances since the race. It was great to see that 4 miles wasn't difficult at all. We walked about a 16.5 min. mile which was a fast pace for me. I realized that no matter where I'm at with the weight loss, I have come so far in my endurance and ability to be active. It feels great and you can't put a number on that. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go honey! I am always excited to read each new post! I am so proud!! You are amazing!
Love you,
Mom