Friday, June 16, 2006

Rejection

Well, it's official; the rejection letters have started rolling in. Actually I've only received one, but if you count the other 7 schools who haven't bothered to respond at all, I guess I'm up to 8. Let me share..."Although I was impressed with your background and expereince, I have decided to pursue other applicants who more closely reflect the requirements for the position and needs of Elwood Community Middle School." Luckily I didn't really want to teach in Elwood anyways! Isn't that what we all say when we're rejcted and our pride is hurt? I am trying to not worry and place it in God's hands like I said before, but let's be real: I will be one sad puppy come Aug. 17th if I have to head back to the classroom. So will my parents as I will still be living slightly above my means. So, in this regard, I ask that you all continue to Pray, Pray, Pray!





In other news tonight, I am just feeling really thankful for and blessed by my family. As I have sat here tonight reading everyone's updated blogs, I'm just in awe of how special you all are. We have truely been blessed with one another. Holly- You are a great sister-in-law. I couldn't ask for anyone better. I'm glad God brought you and Jason back together in college. I couldn't imagine him with anyone else. Mom, you are my biggest fan and supporter and for that I say "Thank You." You always make me feel like a million bucks. Carolyn- you are so awesome. I am so glad that we grew up close to you and the kids. Kim and John mean the world to me and bring me such joy in the form of laughter. No cousins could love each other more and enjoy getting together more than I did with them. I long for the holidays where we'd all get together and play games. We need to do that next time we get John back to Ohio. Andrea- I could write alot of things about you too, but refuse until you comment on my blog! Ha! I'm not sure where all this sentiment is coming from, but reading Carolyn's blog made me feel very sentimental and I think that the whole situation with Whitney Cerak has just really made me realize how precious time is. We need to make the most of it and be effective! We need to make sure we tell each other how much we mean to each other and not take the time we have for granted. Family- I LOVE YOU!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly thanks for reading my thoughts. I too need an outlet. You know the job you want is out there and when you least expect it you will hear something. Have you started any follow up calls. As I tell my clients nothing will happen until you show you are interested. So now is time to make a few calls and just let them know you are interested in the position and if they need additional information you will provide it, make sure to ask their target hiring date.

Be proactive the person who is persistent but not annoying has a better chance of getting the job.

Thanks for the nice things you said and we (I) love you too.

Carolyn

Deb said...

Kelley-

My palms are sweating as I type this, but I started my blog and inserted my first entry. It's very scary - I feel like I'm in junior high again...what if nobody likes me, what if they don't visit my blog, what if they disagree with what I say. Blogging is not for the insecure. Anyway, the address is wuertleyfamily.blogspot.com. I'm not so egotistical that I think you will go straight to the site and check it out, but if you get the chance...

Anonymous said...

Wow!! You are one wonderful daughter!! I am sure that God will open the door when the time is right! You never know where God has in mind for you to be!! I trust in Him and I know you do too!! Our family picure is one of my favorites and I too am thinking about how precious each moment that we have with each other is!! We really need to treasure them!! Life is too short! I can't wait to see your new patio furniture tomorrow. We are so proud of you!!
Love you,
Mom

Jaena said...

Kelley, You are very talented and have a lot to offer some school out there! God knows where you need to be, so I will pray you have the patience and peace to wait for His plan.

Also, I love to read your posts about family as well as their comments back to you. I pray our children are close and have the kind things to say about Jim and me that you say about/to your parents. What a legacy you have!

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Kelly! You're killin' me here. First I wasn't expecting a new post already and second I wasn't prepared to need Kleenex! I count myself TRULY blessed to call myself a Grate and privileged to be a part of our wonderful family. God is good!

Kelley said...

Thanks for all the positive thoughts and comments everyone. I'm feeling more peaceful tonight as I head off to bed. Love you guys!

Big John said...

Well ain't that sweet. I love you too cuz and I promise the next time we are in Ohio me and my funny wife will make make a stop by. After you read my new entry you will know what types of things happen to us everytime we make a road trip. So be prepared!!!

Big John said...

Actually I just reread your blog and maybe it was because I was tired but don't give up. Finding the perfect place for your first administration job will take some time but God sometimes has that special one set back just when we thought it was not going to happen. I know that any school would be lucky to have you.