Sunday, June 25, 2006

Breaking Barriers

Saturday I was blessed with a special housewarming visit. My mom brought my cousins Carolyn and Kim to Indiana to see my new house. I was so excited to have visitors! We spent a fun afternoon together visiting, eating and shopping. 3 of my favorite things! :) Thanks girls!

Saturday evening continued the fun with Sue and I going to Indy with friends to eat. (I'm seeing a pattern here) We had a great time of fun and fellowship.

Not much else is going on, but I would like to share a little that I've been learning from my devotions. I've been reading Joel Osteen's devotional book called Your Best Life Now. I think this is appropriate for all the changes my life is going through. The one that really struck me this week was called Breaking Barriers. He talks about believing for bigger and better things. If you don't think you have what it takes to rise up and set that new standard, it's not going to happen. The barrier is in your mind. If I don't step out in faith and believe that God wants good things for my life then I will just end up sitting and spinning my wheels in a place of complacency much like the Hebrew people when they were led out of Egypt. They ended up wandering around the mountain for 40 years. Instead of moving forward with an attitude of faith they moped around with a poor, defeated mentality. They were always complaining, and fretting about the obstacles in their way. God finally jolted them out of their complacency. He said to them, "You have stayed long enough at this mountaiin." (Deuteronomy 1:6) I don't want to be stuck wandering around a mountain. I am believing that God has great plans for me. That may be as a principal this fall or it may be in my science classroom. Either way, I'm going to have an attitude of faith that God will bring me to the right place. I have to believe that he wants me to move forward into this next phase of my life, so when the right job for me opens up, he'll help me get it. Praise the Lord!

8 comments:

Deb said...

wow, 13 comments on your last post. That's a record, isn't it? Not that any one of us wants you to be feeling bad about things in order to get a lot of comments. Glad you had a great weekend!

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Glad you got to see Mom, Kim and Carolyn. What fun! Great post!

Anonymous said...

We had a wonderful day with you and your house looked so beautiful!! I am so proud of you!! I know that God will open the door when the time is right for you to move into a principal's position.
Love you,
mom

Kim said...

YOUR HOUSE WAS AWESOME. I came home and told Wayne all about it. I went online that night and started looking for us a house that had a nice yard like yours. You got a steal of a deal. I want you to come over and help me decorate. I loved every design idea in your house. Your house is so comfortable and inviting. Thanks for letting us visit, I had a great time.

Jaena said...

What an inspiring post, Kelley! Isn't it good to know that God has everything planned out and under control for us? One would think I would worry less knowing that...

Anonymous said...

Kelly it was so nice to have the day to spend with you and to see the house God blessed you with. I fell in love with the yard and the backporch. You have your mothers touch making your house a home. Kim and I both thought that it is just right in size and location.
In all the years I have worked, God has placed me in various places, sometimes I didn't understand the reason, then something happened to show me the purpose. He is a great God who never fails us.
Thanks for taking us to the gift shop that was a real neat place.
Hope to see you soon.
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Well, here it is, a comment from your sister! Please know that my lack of commenting is not due to lack of interest. It has more to due with lack of time. Anyhow...just wanted to tell you how proud I am of you. I know that the Lord has great things in store for you. I love you!
Andrea

Kelley said...

Yeah Andrea! I feel complete! :) I know you're busy, I just wanted to make sure you're reading. I love you too!