Saturday, June 10, 2006

Elijah's First Trip to Cincinnati

Every summer Sue and I take a trip to Cincinnati to see the Reds play. This has been a fun tradition for us and I thought it would be neat to take Elijah to his first major league baseball game. He absolutely loved it! We lost the game to the Cubs but it was a close one and it was filled with excitement. Elijah really got into it. It was a sell-out crowd, the fullest I've ever seen. We actually had to buy our $5 dollar tickets for $10 from a scalper. (sp?) I was a little panicked when everyone got in but me. My ticket wouldn't scan for some reason and I thought i was gonna have to chase him down, but they finally let me in. Whew! The weekend was special because it was just Elijah and Aunt Kelley. He was very excited about the special attention and especially that there was no Emmy and Zeke! We both had a great time and I hope it can be a yearly tradition for us!




Elijah and Aunt Kelley- 5 rows from the tippy top!!








The view of the field and the river from our seats.















A look of excitement as the fireworks begin.










The fireworks after the game were spectacular!!








Elijah crashes 10 minutes into our trip home.

2 comments:

mandamich said...

Awesome pics! What a Little Man! The one of him watching the fireworks brought back baby Elijah memories for me:( They grow up too fast! Amanda

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

How funny you say that! I thought the same thing about that pic. Can you see his little freckles? My little boy isn't so little anymore... What an amazing time for him; thanks Auntie Kelley!!