Monday, June 12, 2006

Late Night Thoughts

I should be heading to bed right now since I have class early in the morning, but since I've been harrassed a little today for not posting more often now that school is out, I thought I'd make a new post before going to bed. All I can say is that I have gotten down-right lazy! I'm going to try and become more disciplined. HOWEVER, my initial reply to my harrasser (Deb) was that I am boycotting new posts until ALL ( YES THAT MEANS YOU ANDREA!) my family and friends can find the comment button. To my few faithful repliers (Holly and Carolyn) I say "Thank YOU". I would probably quit if it weren't for you! :) Unless you've actually entered the world of blogging, you don't understand how important the comments really are. It's what keeps it interesting for the writer.

Softball is going well. We had our 4th game tonight and we are still undefeated. We haven't played our two biggest competitors yet, but I'm sure we can pull it out.

I haven't heard a word about a job. I'm going to make follow-up calls tomorrow. Carolyn, Thank you for the offers to help with my resume. I would like that, but have been lax in getting it to you. The class I'm taking right now is dealing with the ins and outs of putting a resume together, so I've tweaked mine based on some information from the class. I wasn't too far off though with my original draft. However, if I don't get a job this summer, or even any interviews, you will have to take a look at it. That could be the problem! ;) I know you are the resume guru.

The whole saga with Whitney and Laura has kept Sue and I riveted the last few weeks. I cannot tell you how many hours I have spent reading the blogs and the thousands of comments. Could be why I don't have time to update my own blog. It was also in this weeks PEOPLE magazine. The one with Brad and Angelina's baby photos. I won't be surprised if there is a movie. Please continue to pray for the Ceraks and the Van Ryns. This has to be such an exhausting time both physically and emotionally for both families.

I was home Sunday for the dedication of the new sanctuary at Dayspring Wesleyan. It was a wonderful day with family. Jason, Holly and the kids were there. Jason led in worship and he and Holly sang. It was wonderful as always. God has truely blessed them both with much talent. I am blessed each time I hear them.

Well, I guess that about wraps it up. I need to hit the hay! Sleep tight everybody!

Kelley

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank goodness you wrote something. I use all the blogs to wipe out the crazy work issues when I get home. I can only speak for myself but I enjoy them because it is like having you across the table talking well almost and sometimes for old brods like me it is not like your phone rings off the hook or you get invited out for special events you have to find your own. If it weren't for family my phone would never ring and I would be staring at the walls beached like a whale.

so I should be getting my hair done for work and get in my car for my hour and half drive to work and somehow here I sit writing you. Call anytime and if you need any help with the job search or cover letter piece just forward what you have and I will look it over. Sometimes you need just one or two words to make the difference. Try not to use any colored paper or rubber stamps may turn them off (just kidding)

Love you
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

I love your blog, never quit!! It is the highlight of my day!! I had a wonderful weekend with you kids but wish you could of stayed longer. When the class is done, you need to come home for a few days and we will hit the Amish country for a couple of days!! My treat!!I love you and I am so proud of you!! I was thinking about
patio furniture, before you buy from Wal Mart, check around for sales. You might see some you like
better at the same price range.
That is, if you haven't already did your shopping. Let me know what you find!! You might find some at Sam's! Talk to you soon.
Love you,
Mom

Kelley said...

Too late! I went Sunday night and bought it. I have checked around and this was the set I liked the best. I like that it's brown because it matches the room. It looks awesome! Thanks a ton! I was thinking maybe you and dad could come over next weekend for Father's day. We could cook steaks on my grill! :) Let me know what you think. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Kelley-

I think I should get invited to your next family reunion since through the blog world I know your family now so well!

Your family would really start wondering if I start posting comments on their blogs!

Kelley said...

Deb,
They wouldn't care. They love comments as much as me! :) Just let them know you read through me so they don't think you're some crazy blog stalker. Oh, yeah, I guess you are the blog stalker. You should do it just to freak them out! Ha!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetie,
Just thought I would let you know and all who read this blog. We are coming over on Sunday for a day trip. Looking forward to seeing your sun room and new furniture!
Also steaks on the grill sounds great!!
Love ya,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Well, I hope all who see your sun room furniture will appreciate it. It sure took enough time to get. Then take back...then exchange and bring back home!! Not exactly how I wanted to spend Sunday night. These bloging things are not good. I'm finding it hard to get my classwork done because all I want to do is read the Cerak's blog about Whitney. Hope I don't flunk my class. Well, big weekend coming up with the shootout then family over on Sunday, then camp next week. Gotta go get some sleep.

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Man, something's seriously wrong with my server. It's not updating like it should, I checked your blog Wed. night and this wasn't here yet! AGH!!!!!!
Patio furniture...Wow, can't wait to see it. Wish we could've seen more of you this weekend, oh well. P.S.- Deb, you can stalk my blog anytime!

Kim said...

You can't quit now...everyone started this mess because of you. I enjoy seeing everyone and hearing about them before we all gather in August at the family reunion. I am sure we will say again this year...Why does it take us a whole year to get together like this....blah blah blah and that we should really do this more often. I am still waiting on the invite to come over and see the new house.