Friday, February 03, 2006

Brothers and Roses


Does anything make your day more than getting roses? Tuesday I was called to the office during last period of the day. When I arrived, there stood my brother, Jason, with a vase of roses for me. To say the least, I was shocked. A slight breeze could have knocked me over. First, he lives in Michigan! Now that is love... Actually, he was on his way to Indy for a speaking engagement, but it was still major sweet. He had heard from my Dad that I haven't been feeling well and that I've been a little down, so he wanted to surprise me and cheer me up. Well, he definitly accomplished both. It was a wonderful surprise and has improved this whole week. I've left the flowers here so I could actually enjoy them and everytime I'm ready to scream or hurt a small child, I go over and breath deeply into the beautiful flowers. This calms me down and helps me to regain control. So, these roses have been a lifesaver in more ways than one this week. :) (Thanks, J)

The best part about it was the reaction of all the office ladies. They were hillarious. First they couldn't believe that my brother would come here, hug me and tell me he loved me in the middle of the office with all these people around. They all (4 ladies total) said they could not imagine their brothers EVER doing that. They thought it was amazing. They wanted to know if Jason was married and just how lucky his wife is to have such a thoughtful husband (Holly-are you gagging yet?). I got a real kick out of it. But, it did get me to thinking. I take the close relationship I have with both of my siblings for granted. I am so thankful for a family who is open and affectionate.

So, here is my challenge for today. Call your siblings and tell them you love them. You can never say it enough and you can definitly never hear it enough. Don't assume that they know. What if they don't?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What can I say, I am so proud of all my wonderful children! You all
never cease to amaze me!
Your loving mother!

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Ohmigosh! I am GAGGING! No really, he is VERY thoughtful. I knew you would love it (he was pretty proud of himself...!)

Kelley said...

I did love it. He made my whole week. How'd the move go? I can't wait to come for Emmy's b-day. Kiss the kids for me. I love ya!

Anonymous said...

Ok...I cried...I am jealous. I don't think I will be getting a visit like that from my brother. Thanks for being so real in your blogging I feel like I am getting a look at you that I never really got to see before. It make me feel like maybe I am normal after all. You know we have always been told if only you could be more like Marsha's kids. ARGH! By the way, good luck on your job hunting I have a ton of respect for you and I know you will be great in everything you do.