Monday, February 13, 2006

The Results Are IN.....

I PASSED!!!! Praise the Lord!!! I have been saying those words alot since Friday evening. The results for my principal's liscensure exam came Friday. I was home in Ohio, but I had Sue check my mail just in case they arrived. The call came around 7:00 while I was dining at Bob Evans with mom and dad. It was cool that I was with them when I got the news. I think they were as excited as I was. (Probably because they would have been paying for the re-take had I not passed!) Ha! Just kidding. They were very proud. I did a little jig more than once over the weekend. I don't think I can even explain the burden that was lifted from my shoulders. Now, it's time to start job hunting. I wouldn't even begin looking till I knew I had passed, but now there's nothing holding me back. So, continue to pray as I begin this next phase.

The fitting....the saga continues! I think the words "suck it in" were uttered more than once, but after everything was in place the dress looked pretty good. The nice little "poncho" is going to hide all the flaws anyway. It's actually a pretty little cape, but I call it a poncho just to annoy Andrea. With a few minor adjustments, I'll be just fine. The dress is actually fairly flattering and I think it's going to turn out quite well. I'm excited for Andrea's big day! I know she's ready for it to be here and to have the stress over with. It's sad that such a special day has to be so hard to plan. One exciting thing was getting to go with her for a fitting with her veil. Seeing her in her dress and veil was quite a site. She looked beautiful! Jon's one lucky guy!


Well, that's all for today. Hope everyone has a great week!

Kelley

8 comments:

Jaena said...

Congratulations, Kelley! I am so happy that you passed your test and that some of your stress is gone. Yea!
Jaena

Anonymous said...

Well, you are doing better than me in the hurting small children area. I have to count to 20 about 5 times a day. I can't stand the little idiots with major attitudes. It's amazing how big of an attitude a little 7th grade girl can have. I just want to smack them about everyday. Today was a great day, however because I wasn't at school. Think I need a new profession?? I know I need one. Just hoping to win the lottery so I don't have to work, or even better, find a rich man!!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I knew you would pass, but I'm so glad you got the results and that stress can be behind you! You guys are starting to scare me, though, about the hurting small children thing...I was kinda hoping it was just something I was going through with my 3 and 5 year olds...now I know it doesn't end there...Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Great job Kelley! Still loving the blog. Sue, I have to say, I would love for you to start a blog, too -think of the great benefits - 1)another media outlet for the IWU women's basketball team 2)a way for you to vent about your job on a regular basis and 3)another site for me to visit :). Your comments are just as entertaining as the blog.

Kelley said...

Sue- Seriously, you need a new profession. I don't want to see your face on the 6:00 news and I don't have the money to bail you out.
Min- Don't worry. I'm sure your children are angels and no teacher will every want to harm them. :)
Deb- Glad to see you've left the stalker mode. I was starting to think nobody was reading! :)

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you cuz! You will make an awesome principal because of your compassion and intelligence. I hope that you find that opportunity quickly any school will be lucky to have you! I work with 25-60 year old kids and I count to 20 about as often as Sue. Only difference is I can fire them if they get to be to much for me : ) Have a great day and Congrats again!

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Ok I digress...you crack me up. If anyone has read my other comments, you'll understand what I mean. Kelley and Sue, you need to take it on the road. There ya go Sue, a new profession. Deb, you're blog stalking is no longer stalking. Darn...right when it was really starting to get funny!!! (Shoot, Kel, I let the cat out the bag!) Don't worry Deb, I keep up on about 50 different blogs, boy do I need a life!

Anonymous said...

Okay Holly, it's been three weeks since your last post. Didn't you promise it would only be a week?Yes, I know we didn't really hang out in college, haven't seen each other in eight years (though I have seen your beautiful children), yet now that we are in the blog world, I must know what is going on! Anxiously waiting...
Oh, Jason wanted me give up the stalker alias - I think it was starting to creep him out a little :)