Monday, February 06, 2006

Thoughts running rampant....


I don't know what to write about today! My thoughts are all over the place. First I was going to write about my weekend with my sister. It was a wonderful weekend and I enjoyed spending time with her. The wedding is quickly approaching and these times may be fewer and farther between, so I definitly cherish them. But then I thought...two blogs in a row about my sweet, wonderful siblings might get a little drippy for those of you who aren't related. So next my thoughts turned to my other favorite topic...IWU WOMEN'S BASKETBALL!! Those of you who haven't been coming to games, we've missed you. The girls are exceptional again this year. I have had to miss some away games and even some home games which those of you who know me know that I HATE to miss a game. My wish for the girls (and their coaches) is that they would be recognized and given the respect they deserve. I'm not sure what you have to do at IWU to be as important as the men, but it's obvious by attendance and other things that the women haven't done it yet. I guess number #1 in the nation wasn't enough. Okay, moving on before I say too much. My other thoughts are about my job and hopefully upcoming job... I am so ready for the next step. I'm really struggling to enjoy my current job, because my eyes are already looking ahead. I worry that if I don't find a principal's job for next fall, I am going to have a really hard time coming back to school. My heart is already moving on. I'm worried big time about my scores on my liscensure exam. I should be getting them soon and I'm scared to death I didn't pass. Not sure how I'll handle that. Money....I don't even know if I should go there. Financial peace??? NOT QUITE!!! I am doing well, but I'm impatient. I want to have all the debt paid off and be making millions today!! Now that I know what I did wrong and I'm living right, I think I should just get to skip right to the building wealth stage. Wouldn't it be a wonderful world if it worked that way?Today's really just a rambling day, but that's how it's going in my head today. I'll be glad when I get to put this brain to bed tonight. ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just want you to know that I saw you at the game Saturday. Maybe I too am an IWU women's basketball fan. Or maybe I'm not stalking just your website???

Anonymous said...

Well, wouldn't that be interesting if you were stalking actual people?? Well, since I know who the stalker is, I think Kelley is safe. Good comments about basketball, Kelley. By the way, could you send that to every IWU student, staff, and faculty member?? Maybe it would make them feel guilty. Very frustrating and I'm not even playing. I can imagine how the girls feel. To all of you who do come to the women's games, THANKS!!!

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you as you wait. Waiting for anything is tough but waiting for something you want so much is even worse. I will continue to keep you in my prayers. And it is not just IWU women's sports overall do not rate the respect the deserve.

Anonymous said...

Well, I have to say I'm a little upset that I didn't get the press time that Jay got, but I guess I'll live. I had a wonderful time visting with you and Sue this weekend. It has been a while since I have laughed that much. Watching you dance down the aisle at Shoe Carnival made my day. I can't wait to see you at the wedding reception! I hope you know that just because I'm getting married, doesn't mean that we will be any less close. I love you and I'm so proud of you! Keep up the good work. That new job and financial peace that you are looking for is just around the corner!

Anonymous said...

This is your cousin CJ and I am now venturing out into a world unknown. I think writing is good for the soul and sharing helps the heart. So keep it up. Big John said he would like you to write more often.
Your house is great sorry for the pun. You shouldn't worry about finding that job take it from the queen of job hunters the right one is right around the corner.
Keep writing and I will take a peek now and then. Hopefully before my Nyquel kicks in and I am able to get to the computer unaided. It is awful getting old.
My mind is willing but my body is screaming "what are you thinking"

Love ya