Sunday, February 26, 2006

The Big Game

Well, here we are... the Tournament Championship Game!!! It's hard to believe that we have gone through another season. For those of you who aren't in constant contact with me, it might surprise you to know what a total sports fanatic I have become. I live and breath IWU Women's basketball. They are my social life from Nov. through February! I know it's shocking, but true. We hung on for a win Friday night against Huntington. I showed extreme control (Andrea you would have been proud of me) as their crowd was a little unruly which usually sets my mouth to running. They also played a little dirty by trying to take out our best player with an elbow to the nose. But, it was all in vain. With cotton stuffed up the nostril, we played on. Now, we must face St. Francis in the championship. This game will take place Monday night at 7:00 at St. Francis. We have had some trouble with this team this year. They have beat us twice which has done a number on our confidence. However, I feel some good ole fashioned redemption coming on! The girls are more than capable and hopefully more than motivated! I'm excited yet sad as this will be my last game of the season. It's a good thing I have lots of things to fill my time, like making a resume and sending out letters. :) I won't ask you to pray for a win, but I would ask that you say a prayer that they play to the best of their abilities. If they do that, the win will take care of itself!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I prayed for a win anyway. I am surprised that you are such a sportswoman! Love ya cuz!