Thursday, September 14, 2006

My Teacher Friends

I was thinking this morning while I was getting ready that our work lives are the one place that people can't really picture us. We talk about work to our friends and family, but they rarely get to see us in that atmosphere. We talk about people that we work with, but they can't really "picture" them. So, I decided to share my favorite co-workers with you. Good to put a face with a name!

This is Teresa Aspy on the end. She teaches Language Arts. In the middle is Sandy Roberson who teaches Math. These ladies are super special and I enjoy being on the 6th grade team with them.
This is Chad and I. Chad teaches Social Studies and is a major pain in the...! Just kidding. We are very good friends and have taken our masters together. I wouldn't have had nearly as much fun in my classes if he hadn't been there. It would have been less work, since I basically carried him through, but not as much fun! Just kidding....?
Now these ladies are my super-duper friends! This is Heidi (brown hair) and Terri (blond), my diet buddies! We have gone through every diet success and failure together the last 7 years. Right now, we're all experiencing success, so hopefully this will be the last diet.... Heidi is also my driving partner. We ride to and from school together which makes the ride fun.
Next you have my twin sister, Delayna. We have been asked more times than we can count. Both short, similar hair (when Delayna has hers down), etc. Delayna is the 7th grade Science teacher so we were on the same team for 3 years. Lots of good times!
Last, but certainly not least, you have Reta, the librarian. She runs the school very effectively! :) She's one of the many "mother" figures in my life and what I love is she never hesitates to tell me just how it is!

These are great people that I feel very blessed to work with. Every one of them supported me through the last 3 years as I worked towards my masters. I hope they know how much they mean to me.

8 comments:

Anon said...

Don't forget to remind me the next time I see you that I need to ask you a question. Thanks!

Kim said...

Just wanted you to know that people are reading...

Kim

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Great idea. Totally agree with the people not being able to picture you in the workplace. Visual learning at its best! Not at all what I pictured the school looking like!

Anonymous said...

kelly,
It is nice to go to work with people that you can trust and enjoy. Those friendships last a life time. Every job and I have had many I have left with good friendships and lasting ones.
I would show where I work but it would shock you! I have 8 places I might report to in a day. I would have to show my car inside and that would put you over the edge. Way..... bad.....

Love
carloyn

Big John said...

ITs always great to have good friends at work. I met this girl at my last job and after I chased her down she finally married me. I love you cuz and it sure was great to see you and sue.

Deb said...

Since I have worked in the same place for 10 years now, I have formed some pretty close bonds with coworkers. One of them is working in another job this year, and I am missing that day to day contact that we had - some of my coworkers know more about my daily life than anyone else outside of Jason and the kids. These people have been there on my wedding day, through the births of my two kids, I've seen their kids graduate, I've gone to wedding showers, weddings, and probably baby showers in the near future. One reason I've enjoyed my job so much is because of these relationships.

Jaena said...

Kelley, I have some "donations" for your garage sale this weekend. Can I bring them by tonight?

Kelley said...

Jaena-
You are welcome to bring them, but we have moved it to next weekend because of all the rain forcasted for this weekend. We'll add it to our piles though! :)