Thursday, September 07, 2006

Ramblings...

I’m calling this post Ramblings for lack of a better title. This is exactly what I’ll be doing today. I don’t have any significant happenings to post about, but I get frustrated when others don’t post so…. Post like you want others to post. That’s Biblical, right?

I’ve been amused this week by Miss Anon…our new blogger friend. She finally caved and joined the rest of us addicted bloggers. I knew it was just a matter of time. If you don’t already know who it is, think…Kelley’s oldest friend (not in age, but in time known)…4 kids….always speaks her mind….Is it coming to you yet? She’s going to shake things up, I can just feel it.

I’ve got the first of my biannual sinus infections coming on this week. I could set a calendar by it. It never ceases to amaze me. I’m not feeling too bad, so I’m hoping that it’s not going to be a bad one.

School’s still going well. I keep waiting for the wheels to fall off, but so far so good. Neat kids!

I’m headed home this weekend which I’m excited about. Haven’t been there in a while and I’ll get to see Cousin John while I’m there. We’re also going to a Trick Pony concert Friday night. (That’s a country group for those of you who are wandering) They’re famous for songs like “Pour Me…Pour Me another Shot of Whiskey” Quality. Forgive me Lord.

On a spiritual note, I read a great devotional last night. The scripture was familiar to me, but it started a few verses ahead of the “famous” part.

Isaiah 40:28-31 “Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and His understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increased the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”

The title of the devotional was Keep Trusting. It talked about the disappointments that we all face from time to time whether it be not getting the job we wanted or something more serious like a failed marriage or death of a loved one. It’s so easy to let these disappointments derail us or wreck our faith. Sometimes the disappointments are in other people. People aren’t perfect and we all disappoint someone at some point in our lives. We need to forgive when people let us down, and we need to accept the forgiveness of others and not beat ourselves us over things we can’t change. Disappointment can cause us to get tired and weary, but we need to take hope in the fact that God doesn’t grow tired or weary. He will renew our strength.

I thought this was so appropriate. I have felt disappointment. Not getting a job was disappointing. I have been disappointed in friendships, but my disappointments pail in comparison to some. I am so thankful for a God who not only renews me each day so I can soar like the eagles, but who carries me when I’m too weary to put one foot in front of the other.

Father,
Help me to build my faith, and to believe that You will bring good even out of circumstances I don’t understand. I choose to trust You.

Love,
Kelley

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I felt like I just went to church! Are you sure you don't feel the calling?? I am just teasing but you sure gave me food for thought!! God is so good!!
Can't wait to see you!
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
I so needed that scripture sometimes I soar like a duck, flap my wings then dive down. So it is good to remember that we have that assurance that if we believe that we can do all things and overcome what we cannot change.
I have been home today, not feeling so well, probably the shock of selling my house so quickly, never pray for something if it is God's will. Here I am in a bit of suprise.
Looking forward to seeing all of you and know John is too.
love ya
carolyn

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Sad I'm gonna miss out on the family reunion...Kelley, you need to do women's conferences.. HA! Have fun at home,really, I'm jealous. I love Mom and Dad's in the fall... homemade food and relaxation, what more could a girl want?

Anon said...

.....in His time Kel.

jenny marvin mealy said...

Thanks for reminding me that it is a choice to trust each day. I needed that.

Kim said...

Thanks for the devotional...I need to be thinking that way right now...not trusting individuals but God.

Thanks
Kim