Tuesday, July 07, 2009

2 lbs gone!

Well, I achieved one of my goals so far this week. The two lbs I gained are gone. Now, I just need to drop one more! I did 30 min. on the Elliptical this morning. This is just my 2nd time to go that long. Boy does it kick my butt! I am exhausted, but in a good way.

Thinking about this journey I'm on...I can really tell a difference in my mindset this time. In the past it's always been a "diet" with the goal of losing X number of pounds. This time, I'm not on a diet. I have no prescribed eating plan...just better choices and good old fashioned exercise. The results are slower, but I'm not quitting either. I have bad days, but I get right back to it the next. In the past a bad day would signal the end of my effort. Of course, I'd love to see the weight come off faster, but I'd also like to see it stay off for good and I think this is the only way that is going to happen. I have a birthday coming up and I've decided to make my lowfat/low calorie cheesecake for myself. I don't think getting older is a good reason to sabbotage my efforts but a good reason not to. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You are the woman!! I am so proud of you and your determination!! That is the key to it all!
I Love you,
Mom