Sunday, April 26, 2009

Trip to Michigan and Last Training Day

This weekend I went to my brother's house in Michigan. I had such a good time. I hadn't spent a weekend with my kids since Christmas except for a very short visit Easter weekend. I have looked forward to this weekend for a long time. Today, Sue and I took the kids out for ice cream. A good, messy time was had by all. :)
Chocolate peanut butter...yum!

A much too big for him, M&M sundae!


The best eater of them all...rainbow sherbert!



Saturday afternoon, we all went to the museum. It was a lot of fun. We saw a steller performance in the planetarium.Me with my little brother.

Love that grin.

Holly and the kids on the back of the trolley.

TRAINING DAY UPDATE
Well, today I finished my training walks today. I am in Michigan this weekend so I was unable to walk yesterday. So, this morning, Sue and I headed to a local mall to walk 6 miles. I was excited that today was ONLY 6 miles. Man was it hard! I have never been a "mall walker" and now I know why. Talk about boredom. I didn't think we were ever going to be finished! And, it was stinking hot! I was burning up. But, I am done and next Sat. is the race. I am so excited and nervous all at the same time. I can't believe it's here already. I can't believe I have walked every Sat. (except today) since the first weekend in January. By far the most disciplined I have every been about anything. It's been a good experience and it's shown me that when I want to have discipline and will power, I can have. If I can just apply that same determination to my eating, I'd probably be amazed at the results. Well, next time I post, the race will be over and I'll hopefully be posting about my amazing finish. Until next weekend...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous! It looks like you had a great time. Love the pics, especially the one of you and Jay. That's a framer! Can't wait to see you walk across the finish line! Love ya,
Andrea

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a great day tomorrow. I will be praying for you.
Love, Marla