Saturday, April 04, 2009

Record Time

Today was fun! I had suggested that anyone from our group of ladies that wanted to do their training run/walk today at the same time should come on out. It's more fun to have others around even if you're not all walking/running at the same pace. You pass each other and give encouragement. Kind of makes it more interesting. So, there were six of us that met today. Some ran, some did a combination and then there was me walking (with Sue). I thought today would be a breeze. Only seven miles after last week's ten seemed like no big deal. Well, I was wrong. I felt like it was just as hard and just as long...BUT the good news is, I was much faster today. To finish at an 18 min. pace, it would take me 2hrs and 6 min. I finished in 2hrs 30 sec. I was elated! This was a great walk and I was amazed that I upped my pace. I haven't been any faster the last several weeks so I kind of felt like maybe that was as fast as I could go, but today, I was proven wrong. I guess these short little legs can move when they want to. Only 4 weeks till race day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to GO!!!! You are a true inspiration!!! Each week you continue to amaze us! We Love You!
Mom & Dad