Saturday, February 28, 2009

7 and we're over half way to Heaven...

Okay, I know that was a lame title, but you try to have something creative every week...

So, today I walked 7 miles in...drumroll please...2 hours 6 min. and 10 sec. That was a little anti-climatic since I was actually over time by 10 sec. but I don't feel bad. I would have liked to have shortened my time not lengthened it, but I'm pleased. I had several different factors today that could have attributed to my longer time. First, Sue was unable to walk with me today. So, I walked with my friend, Kara, from school who is also doing the mini. The second factor is that we walked at Taylor which is not my normal spot. The track at the wellness center is 11 laps for a mile. The track at Taylor is 8. It seemed ENORMOUS to me when we started walking. I think there were some head games going on that I had to overcome. 3rd, Kara wanted to walk my pace so she didn't really know how much to push me compared to Sue. If I slow down, Sue picks up the pace. When we were on the last mile, Kara finally said, "We're going to make up these 45 sec. and you are going to finish at an 18 min. mile....even if I have to be a butt (she didn't use that word, but I'm censoring here. :) So, we kicked it in gear and even ran the staights on the last lap. We did make up time, but were still 10 sec. over. Overall, I feel great. I did over half the race today and I feel good. I'm tired, but I could have kept walking. That's ultimately what matters. The most you walk in this training is 10 miles and I was only 3 miles from that today...pretty cool.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl. You are going to make it. Just think, 4 months ago you couldn't even walk 2 miles without crying. Now look at you!!! Hopefully next weekend it will be warm enough to walk outside!

Anonymous said...

Way To Go!!! You are amazing!! I am so proud of you!! I am your biggest fan!!
Love you,
Mom

Anonymous said...

That is fabulous, Kelley!!!
And btw, I want to hire Sue to be my personal trainer.