Friday, February 13, 2009

I'm going to take you outside your comfort zone...

Let's talk about the things that take me out of my comfort zone...

15 min. on the elliptical followed by:
Stepping up on a box (approx. 1 1/2 ft off the ground) while holding 15 lb. dumbbells
Bench pressing 60 lbs.
Squats while holding 15 lb. dumbbells
jogging 3 laps
and so much more. I don't know the technical names for the rest of the exercises. There are 5 other grueling things that I don't know how to describe.

Then... repeat it all again.

Tuesday, Ryan, the trainer at the gym, ramped up my workout. When he told me he was going to take me outside my comfort zone, I thought, "Okay..that's fine. Just being here is outside my comfort zone." Boy was I wrong. I was so comfortable before and I didn't even know it! I think he's trying to kill me off. I don't know what I did to annoy him. I rarely speak to him. Tonight I asked him as I was dragging by the desk on one of my jogging laps if he was certified in CPR. With a smile, he assured me that he was. Actually, while I am so completely outside my comfort zone, I feel so incredibly strong when I finish. I'm amazing myself.

8:00 am tomorrow morning: 5 mile walk! Whoohoo! Can't wait!

5 comments:

Deb said...

You are doing awesome!!! I will be praying for you on Saturdays now, too.

Anonymous said...

We are so amazed at you and your determination to do this!! You Go Girl!! We will be praying for you tomorrow!! Happy Valentine's Day!!
WE LOVE YOU,
Mom & Dad

Anonymous said...

We are so amazed at you and your determination to do this!! You Go Girl!! We will be praying for you tomorrow!! Happy Valentine's Day!!
WE LOVE YOU,
Mom & Dad

Kim said...

That is AMAZING...I always say...I don't run unless someone is chasing me so kudos to you for all of this training. I FEAR the gym...AKA torture house.

You do inspire me though to give it a shot...only time will tell.

Anonymous said...

Kelly, as I was reading your description I was feeling out of breath for you.

That is awesome that you are doing something ourside the box. Mostly it is so incredible you are doing it for you.

Keep it up everyone is running right next to you . ha I am only thinking about it. ha

Carolyn