Saturday, February 07, 2009

2 quick things...

First: Had a wonderful time with Kenzie Jo last weekend. This was her first big adventure to Aunt Kelley's without Mommy. We had a ball. She was so sweet and well behaved. By that, I mean, she slept all night and didn't cause Aunt Kelley to lose any sleep! These pics are backward so the one above is after bathtime and ready for bed.
Kenzie is never short on smiles. She's even doing it on cue now when you get out the camera. I love it!

Awe...Kenzie loves her Aunt Kelley!

She's kind of fond of Sue too!


Okay Second thing: Marathon Training Update!
Today I walked 4 miles outside in the freezing wind! I completed my 4 miles in 68 min. which is a 17 min. mile! WHOOHOO!! I literally am amazed, but I want to say that I know a big part is the prayers I know go up for me every Sat. afternoon. I got a text from a friend just a little past half way that said, "Keep going Kel! I know you can do it! I'm praying for you right now as you walk." I was so encouraged. I want to say A huge Thanks to everyone who thinks of me on Sat. and prays for me. The prayers are definitly working. Some might not understand what a big deal this is for me, but if you could have seen what I was like in Nov. you would understand. I can't even believe how much I can do now compared to Nov. when I started this process. I couldn't walk 1 mile in 25 min. much less 4! The most amazing part, is that I felt no pain in my legs today at all. That is the first time and it felt amazing. Can't wait to do 5 next week!





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job Kelley. I am so proud of you!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Way to Go!! I am so proud of you and your determination to do this !! You are a real inspiration to me!! Keep up the great work!!
We are praying for you!!
We Love You!!
Mom & Dad

Susan said...

Kelley..keep up the great work! Don't you love how much easier it gets..such a feeling of accomplishemnt. I hadn't checked your blog in awhile, but I will now add you to my prayers on Saturday morning! Also, I can't believe how big your niece is getting she is so cute! Its seems like you were just blogging about her birth!
Keep up the great work!
Susan

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Yup...I'm so jealous~! My weekend with her is now postponed 'til March. Glad you guys had a blast! Keep up the good work with the marathon...WOW!!!