Saturday, February 21, 2009

6 miles long...

Holy Moly! 6 miles is a long way! Today, I had myself a little psyched out. I was so overwhelmed before it ever started. I had myself convinced that 6 miles was farther than I could go. Tears were in my eyes before I ever started. Sue convinced me to do a little praying while we were stretching out and that seemed to calm me down. We took off and 1 hour 46 min. later, we were done. I wasn't overly impressed with my time. It was under, but I didn't gain any time this week. But, I finished, so I'm glad about that. I came home and went straight into the bath with the jets. As I'm typing this, I am hurting. My feet hurt, my back hurts and my hips hurt. It's weird how it's worth it. I've always wondered about people who train for big things...marathons, iron man competitions, etc. I didn't understand what could drive a person to endure pain just to complete a task. But, I have a small taste of that now. Even though it hurts, I want to see how far I can go. It's hard to imagine that today was not even half the race, but a few weeks back, I was crying about 3 miles and today I doubled that. So, I have to assume that the same will happen with 6.

Last week, I thanked all the people praying for me and while I still appreciate that soooo much, I have to thank a specific person this week. Sue has been a tremendous friend. She walks with me every week and encourages me when I think I can't go on. She does all this, just to help. She is not doing the race. There is no need for her to do these walks. She's sore too and I just want to let her know how much I appreciate her.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Kelley!
Sue is such a good person:)

Anonymous said...

Way to go Kelley!!!

Anonymous said...

Go Kelley, Go!!!!!

Anonymous said...

See, I knew you could do it! I'm proud of you and how you have kept up with this. In a few weeks, 6 miles will seem like nothing:)

Susan said...

Great job!!!!!!!!!! Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
Apparently I'm a stalker! I wanted to see if you were on facebook, and this popped up! How have you been? It's been since Andrea's wedding that I've seen you guys. WOW--all those little kids! So cute! I hope Jason's boys are every bit Jason!!!Send me an email, I'd love to keep in touch. sjdavis1008@yahoo.com
Good luck with your training!
Talk to you soon,Shannon(Middaugh) Davis

Anonymous said...

Oh My, I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!
You are truly an inspiration to me!!
Sue is truly a friend and I am thankful that you have her to encourage you and walk with you!!
Not many friends out there like her!! God Bless you both!!
Love ya,
Mom