Monday, April 02, 2007

My Spring Break....

Well, this year I didn't get to spend Spring Break on a beach, but I did get to spend the week with my neice and nephews. I brought Zeke home from Michigan with me on Sunday and kept him till Wed. evening. We had such a good time! He was a total doll and gave his aunt Kelley lots of lovin'! He was in good spirits most of the time and just brought me lots of joy. The picture above is the face he made when I told him to say fuzzy pickles! He was hillarious! On Tuesday, we ran out to the farm with Zeke. He had never been there to see the cows. It was freezing cold and rainy so we didn't stay too long, just long enough for me to snap some pictures. Zeke was not afraid of the cows at all. He walked right up to them and let them lick him. Cracked me up! Silly boy!
McDonalds at the park on Monday! It was a beautiful day and Zeke played for 2 hours!
He loved the big slide! Wednesday night I met Jason half way to swap kids. I gave back Zeke (hard to do) and picked up Elijah and Emmy. On Thursday I took the kids to Escapades in Muncie. Imagine a 3 story gigantic playland. We went with the Rowleys, Wuertleys and Dawsons. The kids had a ball playing with the other kids. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera for this outingl.
On friday, we met the Rowleys, Wuertleys, Dawsons, Womacks and Julie Gray at the farm for a mini field trip. Farmer Bob and Sue gave us the grand tour with lots of interesting information.
The kids loved petting the baby calves and the goats. They loved how Sue stuck her finger in the calves mouth to keep it occupied and calm so they could pet it.
Emmy with some big cows behind her! Friday afternoon we went to Kokomo to the dollar theater to see Happy Feet. The kids enjoyed that. When we got home, it was time to pick up sticks. Since I basically live in a forest, the sticks are never ending. Zeke helped Sue and I pick up the front yard. I have cute pics of that, but they're on my computer at home. I'll have to add those later. Friday, Elijah and Emmy got to do the backyard. We made it a game and the one who picked up the most without whining got $5. Of course they worked like troopers! So, they both won! What they don't know if that I found a $10 bill in my yard when we first started. The real motivation was the bon-fire we had at the end. As you can see, Elijah loved that part!
Saturday, I met Holly in Ft. Wayne to give them back. It's always with mixed feelings. I'm usually exhausted and looking forward to some rest, but 5 min. after i leave, I miss them like crazy. It was a full week, but I wouldn't have had it any other way! I love my kids!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew there would be some great pictures coming!! You are the best aunt in the world and these kids are so very fortunate to have you as their aunt!! I wish I would of had a wonderful aunt like you when I was a little girl!! I am jealous that I didn't get to see them too!!
Love you,
Mom

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

I second Mom's comment. What a privilege it is for my kid's to have you!! (And for me too...:-) I can't believe you guys got all that together at the farm. What a blast! Julie Gray- she was my camp counselor in the 7th grade! Weird... I really missed my little ones this week, more that usual, but was very thankful for a little down time. Such precious times when they're young- I know we'll treasure these pictures for a lifetime! Love you.

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
You are a GRATE Aunt. You have to be on their list of special people and places to go. It's good to see you want to be with children on your break after teaching all year!

I expect your house is looking very pretty right now with summer coming on.

Take care and hope to see you soon

Carolyn

Kim said...

Like I have said before...I will send them over next weekend. Pencil us in. You look like you are having a blast. I bet it makes you want 3 of your ow....LOL wait...I know better. Being a aunt means you can send them back to their parents. There are days that I think...when are these kids going to be picked up by their parents but then I have that realization that they are mine. Thanks for all of the updated pictures.

Anonymous said...

Great pic's from the farm. I'm glad you enjoyed "your kids". They are lucky to have such a wonderful aunt!