Monday, April 09, 2007

Easter and other happenings

Well, I have no pictures of Easter to share. I took my camera home and never got it out of my bag. I'm kind of disgusted with myself. But I guess that means that I'll just have to paint the picture with my words. I had a wonderful weekend at home. It had been a long time since I'd been there, so it was nice to just relax. Friday night I went to dinner with mom and dad at my favorite chinese restaurant. That was yummy. Sat. was just a nice day. Andrea and Jon came up around noon and we went to my Grandparents for a visit. Then we went with my dad out to see a home he's building right now. WOW! That's all I can say. This house was amazing. After that, it was back home to just hang out and relax. Later that night, we met Andrea and Jon and Jon's parents for dinner. We sat at Bellacino's for almost 3 hours. Good conversation and lots of laughs. Easter Sunday was of course cold like it was for everyone, but the service was really good. Dayspring presented an Easter drama that was just outstanding. I am always amazed at the quality of their productions. After church we went to Grandma Grate's for dinner. I enjoyed this time so much. Grandma was feeling pretty good and seemed in bright spirits. It's sad in ways because she is not the same, but she still makes you feel like the most special person in the world when you talk to her. I'm not sure she even knew who I was, but she told me she loved me and thanked me for coming. My cousin Jamie plays the guitar so she brought it and basically led worship service. The younger girls were all singing worship choruses in harmony which was so beautiful to listen to. Then my Aunt marla, Aunt Margo and myself joined them. I loved that. I was a little blown away however when I was labeled an "Old-timer" by my cousin Becky. I just felt like this family gathering was extra special. The conversation was good, we laughed A LOT, and singing just topped it off.

Well, it is now back to reality. I would like to ask everyone to pray at 3:30 on Thursday. I have an interview for a principal's position here in my corporation. I am very nervous. It's for a K-2 building which would probably be my dream job. I know that God will lead me where he wants me.

Kelley

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so right in that it was a great weekend and very relaxing! Which is rare! We always seem to be in a hurry to get somewhere or the other. This was a very special weekend all around!! The only thing missing was Jason and the family! But I guess I can't always have everything that I want! :)
Love you,
Mom

Anonymous said...

I, too, enjoyed our family Easter. I cherish every time that we can get together with Mom. She is so happy and content, and she enjoys having her family in her home.
Brenda's daughter, granddaughter, and great-grandson are visiting Brenda and Mom for a few days this week. Five generations in one house - what an unusual occurance!
I'll be praying for you and your interview coming up.
Love, Marla

Anonymous said...

Sounds as if you had a special time this weekend just hangin out. You do a great job expressing yourself without pictures but they would have been a bonus.

Will be praying for you as you prepare for this interview. You will do fine. On your side is the fact they know you and they know your work. (or it could work against you ) Just kidding.

Just be you!!

Love ya
Carolyn

Kim said...

Good Luck on your interview. I second what my mom said...you expressed it well but would have been better with pictures. Time to break out the creative memory stuff. I should have called to see if you were all home...I could have disturbed the silence with my 2 boys.

Anon said...

Praying about the interview.

Got semi caught up on your blog. Looks like I missed all the cool activities with the ladies over spring break. Oh well, I had a blast in a place where there was really nice weather, so I won't complain. :)