Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I Didn't Get the Job!

Well, there you have it. I didn't get the job. I got the call about 8:45 last night. He was very complimentary, but the committee decided to go another direction; whatever that means. I must admit I'm struggling with it a little. I thought I was prepared not to get it, but I really thought I might get it, so the disappointment is stinging a little right now. I'm better this morning than I was last night, but still sad. I do know that God has a better place for me, but the thought of starting this process over and going through the nerves all over again is enough to make me gag. I have compared this process to the ups and downs of a roller coaster, well, this particular ride reminds me of the Beast at Kings Island. I feel like I just went down the hill and into the dark tunnel that feels like it's going to chop your head off. I've realized this morning that my head is still attached, but I'm still in the dark. Hopefully it'll be daylight again soon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that you didn't get the job. But I firmly feel that God is in control and that he has a better school for you. I know that doesn't help the pain right now but hang in there it will get better! What ever school that does get you will find out just how blessed they are! You will be a wonderful principal!! Just remember we that we love you and are praying for you!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I already answered your email but need to let you know that God's timing is the best. Take it from the Queen of job hunters. The jobs I thought I had, I didn't get. The ones that I was sure they would not hire me, hired me. Whenever, a person cannot control it makes the things in their lives so hard to wait or understand. Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. So I am going to thank Him for not giving you that job and ask Him to give the right one.

Love lots
Carolyn

Kim said...

Wow..that was a shock to read today. I was sure that my prayers would have been answered...ha. Just remember that just around the corner of that roller coaster is many more exciting and wonderful opportunities. I will pray that God will send you something in his time. We love you.
Kim

Anonymous said...

I know you must be disappointed. I thought this job sounded like a perfect match for you, too. I think that school districts are often hesitant to promote from within. Look at the bright side - you are not unemployed, you were one of a select few who were chosen for a second interview, and you have gained valuable interview experience. You have a great personality, you have lots of experience, and you are very knowledgeable. I know that everything is working out for good since you love the Lord. - Romans 8:28:). Love- MRC

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Oh Kel... That just stinks. I'm so sorry. We'll just keep praying for the right job to come along and for God to give you patience and courage for the next interviews that WILL come along. God is right there with you every step of the way and I can't wait to see what He has for you! Love you sis.

Jaena said...

I'm sorry, Kelley. I think you have qualities that will make you a great principal, and I will be praying (too) that the perfect fit for a job comes along in God's timing. Hope the roller coaster comes out of the tunnel and back UP the hill soon. :)