Saturday, October 28, 2006

Odd and Ends

Well, here it is a fine blustery Sat. morning and I thought I might take the time to blog. Sadly, I don't really have much to say. I have been sick for almost 2 weeks which is starting to get really old. Have I been to a Dr.? Of course not, you silly nilly. I don't do doctors. Much to the frustration of all my friends and family who care about me. I do think I am slowly returning to normal. Thursday and Friday were FAll Break so that came at a great time. I've gotten alot of rest which is my way of saying I've been EXTREMELY lazy! Actually it rained solid both days, so I couldn't have been productive if I'd wanted to. Now today, the rain is gone and the sun is shining, but the wind is blowing 40 mph so I'm not sure how productive raking leaves would be on a day like today. Maybe the wind will just blow all the leaves away and I won't have to rake. Wishful thinking... Went to see Flicka last night. It was a very sweet, wholesome movie. I cried and laughed. I enjoyed my man Tim McGraw although I don't think he'll be nominated for an oscar anytime soon. Let's see, what else is new...Well, my car seems to be running well. That's good news. I've sat here this morning paying bills and going over my budget. Doesn't look like I'm going to be rich anytime soon, but that's okay. My mind is always trying to think of some get quick rich scheme. I have some people trying to talk me into being a Mary Kay consultant. It's tempting. The profit on sales is quite phenominal, but my Creative Memories fiasco has me a little gun shy. Well, I need to wrap this up. I'm sitting here watching the leaves swirl around outside. I think some are blowing away, but some are just relocating in my yard.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear you are feeling better. Also good to read something from you it has been awile. Things seem to work themselves out when it comes to finances. There is no short cut to a fast buck. Just work, work, work.
Take care and hope you and your mom can come to see me soon.

Love Carolyn

Jaena said...

I sold Mary Kay and remember the mark up; but it also took time and effort to order, to get products to people, to have shows, etc... Plus, the best way to make sales is to have inventory, so then you are right back where you were with Creative Memories (I am assuming), spending money to keep inventory up (some of which "never" sells.) I didn't get rich, that's for sure. Talk to me if you need more information from "this" point of view. ;)

Kim said...

I don't do doctors either. My grandpa said one time...with antibiotic it takes about 14 days to get better...without...it takes about 2 weeks. Great advice and somehow very true. Anyway...I am glad that you are feeling better and I am glad that you got the umph to blog.

Anon said...

Neigh to Mary Kay.

Anonymous said...

Good to read a new blog!! I already gave you my take on the Mary Kay thing. I am sure things will work out with your finances. Your dad said not to worry!!
Take care and will talk to you soon!
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the perfect weekend. Hope you did not blow away. Love ya cuz!

Deb said...

Is it time to visit the eye reader again?

Kelley said...

Deb,
I think it's a little freaky that we are on the computer commenting on each other's blogs at exactly the same time. Weird. And yes, I'm actually going tonight after school. :)

Deb said...

It's like we were reading each other's minds. Are you checking this at lunch?

Kelley said...

I check it several times during the day just to see if there are any new comments.