Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Updates

Well, there are many things to update this fine morning. First I would like to thank God for the beautiful snow which allowed me to have a two hour delay this morning. The timing was perfect, however, my school system's timing was not. I didn't get my call till I was completely ready for school. Gotta hate that! But, I got some things done that needed done and even slept about 45 min. in the recliner. So, not too bad I guess.

Updates on Josh can still be found at http://www.greenhouseministries.org. Prayers are and will continue to be needed as well as financial help. Please visit the greenhouse site if you haven't already. It's pretty amazing to see how God's people are pulling together to meet the needs of Josh and Shelly and their family.

My mom is quite the trooper! She is plugging along in her recovery. She continues to need your prayers as she works through the pain and tries her best to regain the mobility in her knee. I'm not sure she's at a place yet where she thinks this was worth it. :) Hopefully that will come soon.

My excitement over the Colts being in the Superbowl can hardly be contained. I am pumped! We are having Blue Week here at school so I'm wearing my Colts gear everyday. Luckily I have 3 different things, and our art teacher here at school is Tie-dying shirts with the kids who want to for Friday. So, I bought a shirt and she's going to do it for me! I'm so excited! Sunday can't get here quick enough. We always have a Superbowl party as a Sunday School class, but it rarely involves watching the Superbowl. This year will be different!

Lady Wildcats are still on top with a 24-0 record. This season has been incredible and I'm hoping they just keep right on rolling.

I guess the last thing is that I'd like to ask everyone to begin praying now about my job hunt. The postings have started picking up as retirements are being turned in. I haven't found anything close enough yet, but I know there will be openings. Just pray that Lord will direct my path.

Kelley

6 comments:

Kim said...

I was wondering when you were going to blog about the COLTS! I am so excited for this super bowl.

I also want you to know that I am praying for you.

Anon said...

I'm going hawg "blue" wild for the party too. Wait til you see the stuff I'm bringing. Woohoo! I'm actually excited about the game too!

What games should I bring to play Sunday night?

hahahahahaha

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

Well, I'm home and checking blogs for the first time in a long time. Talked to Mom yesterday and she sounded pretty tired, which she probably is. So glad to see all the stuff for Josh, you're a trooper! We'll all be rooting for Peyton on Sunday! Love you much...`

Kelley said...

Holly-
I'm glad you're home and so excited to hear that Josh and Shelly will be coming home today. I know the road is going to be long. I will continue to pray. Let me know if there is anything I can do. You know I always love to have the kids! :) Mom is hanging in there, but it has been rough. The rehab is killing her. Love you too!

Anonymous said...

Surprise Surprise!! I made it to the computer and thought I would check you out. I had a hard workout today and the therapist thought I did great! But he worked me so hard and farther than I could do on my own. Then I went home and put ice on my knee and went to sleep. Bad move!! I am so stiff and sore I can hardly move. So I feel like I got set back a few knotches. But I will work through them I am sure! Just keep praying for me. The stronger pain medicine is really keeping me nausaus all the time which really buggs me alot! Talk to you later.
Love you and I appreciate any prayers that can come my way!! :)
Marsha

Kelley said...

Yeah Mom!!! I'm happy to hear from you! Back to checking blogs is a good sign! :) Love you!