Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The Thrill of Victory...The Agony of Defeat

Well, what can I say? The agony of defeat was pretty bitter Monday night as my Ohio State Buckeyes got their tails kicked. I could have handled a close, well played game that ended with us on the short end of the stick, but to play so poorly was truely embarrassing. Living in a state other than Ohio made this especially difficult as I had students who had a good time "chomping" at me all day on Tuesday. I'm sure it's even worse for my brother living in Michigan. But, to prove that I'm a true blue fan, I wore my OSU colors proudly on Tuesday and even continued to carry my new Ohio State purse that I got for Christmas. The cool thing about the agony of defeat is that it really doesn't last that long. I'm over it. In the grand scheme of things, it really means very little. I'm not sure about my poor little Elijah though. I talked to Jason today and he said the little guy was pretty distraught by halftime.

Lucky for me, I have several teams that I'm rooting for these days who are experiencing the thrill of victory. The #1 IWU Lady Kats are undeated with an impressive 20-0 record after tonight's solid win over Huntington. Saturday will be a big test as we travel to Ft. Wayne to play the #3 ranked St. Francis. I'm nervous already. That will be a HUGE game. If you live in Marion, you should check out a home game. They really are fun to watch!

I'm also rooting for the Colts. I'll be dressed all in blue tomorrow as my school celebrates blue day. (We don't have students on Friday hence the Thursday celebration) So Sat. will be a really nerve racking day as I will leave the IWU game to come home to watch the Colts take on the Baltimore Ravens.

It seems lately that life is one big game! Go Kats! Go Colts! (Love ya anyways, Bucks!)

7 comments:

Anon said...

Man, that was painful. Guess what I did? I'm so naughty. I always iron hubby's clothes for him and set them out. So Monday, he had gray dockers and a scarlet long sleeve shirt to wear. He didn't even put 2 and 2 together until I told him when he returned home after work. Kind of odd for such a mathematician, don't ya think? :)

Get your poker face ready! :)

Deb said...

Time for tonight?

Kelley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anon said...

Cool Sis

Do want to bring your set or me bring mine? I know mine is a little different from yours.

Anon said...

Kel

The name's Anon.

This is not email.

:)

Kelley said...

I'm sorry. I don't even think about it. I'll try to be better. :) See you tonight.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Saturday will be a hugh game, hope our kids are up to the challenge. They should be considering USF beat us 3 times last year. I also am ready for another big Colts win. Wouldn't it be great if they finally made it to the Super Bowl??? To bad about those Buckeye's. The picture of the band "after" the game was the best, however:)