Saturday, January 13, 2007

Ladies Poker Night

We had a good turnout Thursday night for our first ever ladies poker night. Since we are all just learning, it was kind of like the blind leading the blind, but it was lots of fun. By the end we were all feeling more confident. A big thanks to Shawn and Jill for loaning us the "official" poker table and chips. That made the experience more fun!
Saturday Morning- What a day today will be! Two huge games! I'm not sure my heart can take it. My insides are nervous!
On a more serious note, I'd like to request prayer for my cousins, John, Tom and Kim. There Dad passed away and this is a very difficult time for them. Puts the importance of things like big games and ladies night into perspective. Nothing is as important as eternity. I love you guys and you have been in my constant thoughts and prayers.

8 comments:

Deb said...

Kelley, I had a great time, even though you and Missy took all the chips, and I am looking forward to the next one (Sue, didn't you like it even just a little bit?)

Anonymous said...

jhbjkb

Anonymous said...

Oh MY!!!
What has happened to my little Wesleyan girl, Poker??? I can't believe it!! You girls are something else!! Hee hee!! Too bad I'm not closer, I would play a round or two with you!! :) Just make sure you play for fun and not for real money!! I hope!!
Love you,
Mom

Deb said...

Hey, I can comment!

My original comment, though I can't remember it verbatim, had something to do with telling you I had a really good time last Thursday, even though you and Missy took all the chips. And Sue, didn't you like it just a little bit?

Anon said...

I'm just glad we didn't spill any Bud light on Shawn's poker table.

Fun......even though you hogged all of the chips.

Anonymous said...

I would have enjoyed it more if I had not been the total loser. I think I like 5 card stud better.

Anon said...

Oh yeah, Sue, you were really the "loser" that night. Did you see my eensy weensy pile of chips?

jenny marvin mealy said...

I cannot believe what I am reading-one of my favorite groups of ladies going to heck in a hand basket playing the devils game-AND bragging about it for all to see...I may have to have some sessions with Pastor Judy to get beyond this one. LOL

if you ever try balckjack give me a call!