Friday, November 10, 2006

Life

Well, life is just zipping by. I have tried to post a couple of times with no success so hopefully this will work. I have several updates.

First, I think my sickness has finally passed. I actually went to the dr. last week on Wed. because I had a setback and thought I was probably having some serious issues. All my blood work and other tests came back normal. No problems. My "Issues" have gone away and I'm feeling great. So, that's a big praise. It was the longest stomach flu I've ever had, but at least it's over.

Second, All my teams are still undefeated. IWU ladies won a close battle against the #2 ranked Cedarville last Saturday. That was exciting. Because of Cedarville's arrogance, I enjoy beating them almost as much as Taylor. The lady Kats are in Missouri this weekend for a tournament playing tonight at 7:00 and tomorrow at 12:00. I will listen on the radio. The Buckeyes are 10-0 with that big Michigan game looming on the horizon. Go Bucks! And my Colts are 8-0 squeeking out last week against New England.

I'm excited to decorate for Christmas this weekend. As I look at the calendar I can't believe how quickly this fall has flown by. It will be January before I know it.

Next, I was reminded this morning how awesome life with our God is. My cousin Kim had a cancer scare and posted this week that her biopsy came back negative. Praise God! I had already checked her blog a couple of days ago, but the song she had wanted to play when you brought it up wasn't working then. This morning before school, I went on to see if she had updated and the song was working. It's a song, I know and have heard many times before but this morning, in the context of her good news, it hit me anew. I sat with tears streaming down my face as I listened to the song titled His Grace Still Amazes Me. I am so thankful for God's Grace and that we don't get what we deserve. God just continues to take care of me and to heap blessings on me that I often wonder what I've done to deserve it. I know I haven't done nearly enough.

Last, I would like to request prayer for one of my students. I can't put any details on the blog, but this is a major situation that needs a huge miracle. My heart is all wrapped up in this situation and it's really eating away at me. I'm worried about this student's safety and wish sometimes that I could take them home with me. I wonder what life would be like if they could have my family. A family that would surround them with more love than they've known in a lifetime. As I've talked with another friend who's also involved, she put it so perfectly, "I do believe in miracles." That's what we need here folks, so please pray if you can.

I wish you all a wonderful weekend!

Love,
Kelley

6 comments:

Jaena said...

So glad to hear things are back to *normal* again! I will pray for your student.

Jason Grate- Ordinary Extraordinary- Simple Stories of Lessons learned said...

I wondered if you'd fallen off the face of the earth. Glad to hear all is well. Gotta tell you I was worried about you. I'll pray for your student.... Love you much.

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for your student and also for you to be there for them. I know your heart is with the students and feel so helpless to do something to help them. You are a true blessing and I am so proud of you!!

Anon said...

Glad you're feeling better. Kim's post really touched me too.

Anonymous said...

Well, I am glad that you are feeling better. I know how frustrating it is when you want to help someone and there are obstacles in your way. I too will pray for your student and for you as you find a way to help and be there for this person.
Thank you for your prayers for Kim it has been a worry for sometime now. God has richly blessed her and is using her. Continue to pray for her John and Tom as they go through this time with their dad.

Love you
I will see you Thanksgiving, I was invited. Kim said she would give up her trip to Florida for a meal at your mom's.

Missy said...

I couldn't help but fight tears as I read the comments to your post and saw the people praying for your student. I tell my team all the time that someday these kids we work with will tell a story about us. I am confident that your student will one day tell the story about a teacher that cared about him and treated him as if he were very special. What a gift you are giving this student. A miracle may happen because of these prayers.